Paint?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, or you can take classes... :shrug2:

classes will only teach you what you can read online or in articles.. painting is a skill, not a theory.. i went to school for 2 years for automotive collison and refinishing, and i learned more in the first few months in a shop then i did there.. it is learned by hands on experience.. learning from mistakes and things that work out the way you want them to. i could tell you exactly how to do a quality paint job step by step, it doesn't mean you will do it perfect the first time.. practice makes perfect ring a bell?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but take a look at some of my work, I only use Spies Hecker paints and BASF clears, but I've work with it all and this stuff is really good for the price. At the end of it all a good paint job start with good prep.180>220>320>Primer Surfacer>Block Sand>400>600>Paint>Clear ^_^

This bumper was a light silver and was covered with 2 coats of black, no primer, 2 coats of clear.

ad1ww1.jpg

ad2fd1.jpg

ad3bs7.jpg

put two coats of wet clear. u need at least one coat or else you will not have any gloss in your paint. plus if u ever get minor scratchs in a thick coat of clear down the road, u have plenty of clear to wetsand thru to get the scratch out. which helps alot. try to spray both coats fairly close in time when dealing with clear. runs can be cleaned up with a razor blade and some 800 grit sand paper. 1500 the final coat of clear. use alottt of water while doing this. if u hear any scratching apply more water. than use a heavy compound and rubb that shit. be careful not to burn thru, i learned the hard way by rubbing thru on a 6000 dollar insurance job..

Back