paint?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Building4MyBro

what is the estimated cost i would look for a basic white paint job on a 95 dx coupe? i want engine bay painted along with door jams

it dont have to be removed but it would be best to get in all the places, and im not sure how much it would be if you dont the prep yourself most places wont take cars you prep your self. not around here anyhow.

it dont have to be removed but it would be best to get in all the places, and im not sure how much it would be if you dont the prep yourself most places wont take cars you prep your self. not around here anyhow.
alright thanks man. im tryin to build a dx for my bro before he comes back from over seas and its turning into a handful

if youre already doing a full build your best bet is to just strip the car down completely and do it right the first time..

don't try to rush the project. if you rush it, it will turn out shitty. what color is the car originally? i would NEVER try to do a full color change on a car.....unless......i was doing a full restoration. doing a full color change the right way entails gutting the interior, pulling the engine (an harnesses), pulling the glass out. it's just too much work.

myself and several others have gotten good paint jobs from maaco. i spent $800 on mine and it looked like a $3000 job. if you try to go cheap and do it yourself, it will look like shit. pay someone to do it unless you know how to prep. it's not just about sand and primer. it takes knowledge and experience to do it good. plus tools and supplies.

get a fresh paint job and keep it clean. don't try to change the color of the car.

don't try to rush the project. if you rush it, it will turn out shitty. what color is the car originally? i would NEVER try to do a full color change on a car.....unless......i was doing a full restoration. doing a full color change the right way entails gutting the interior, pulling the engine (an harnesses), pulling the glass out. it's just too much work.

myself and several others have gotten good paint jobs from maaco. i spent $800 on mine and it looked like a $3000 job. if you try to go cheap and do it yourself, it will look like shit. pay someone to do it unless you know how to prep. it's not just about sand and primer. it takes knowledge and experience to do it good. plus tools and supplies.

get a fresh paint job and keep it clean. don't try to change the color of the car.
the color is this ugly ass green and its oxidizing and chippin all over i thought i might just get the whole car repainted

that green isn't ugly. it's actually a decent color. check out 99sidude's car. he had a sick green hatch with a gsr swap. but i would just repaint it. if you don't do it right, all the other parts that aren't repainted will look bad. to get it done right will cost you over $3000.

imo if you have the know how to tear a car apart you should just strip it down and trailer it to a body shop
if you have them do the prep work from there it will save you some money
otherwise youre looking at easily 6-7k for decent paint and a color change
itd be even better if you could prep the car and just have someone clean and shoot it

itd be even better if you could prep the car and just have someone clean and shoot it

with that being said, a good prep job is not easy. if you don't do it right, it will cost more to have them re-do your bad prep than to just start from scratch.

I have been checking on some prices in the dfw area....... All said and done i am going with a uoh........butter get macco........ 800 bucks and done. Paints not too bad on my car as is though.

id never send my car to maaco to be painted
maybe thats just because i know that for that same 800$ i can paint it myself and have a far better outcome
considering thats all im into the paint on my hatch for i think i faired pretty well

for something top notch, yes. a decent gun at a local paint shop shouldnt run you more than 200. leaving you with ~600 for supplies to do it...

edit- wasnt thinking about the compressor and such
yeah for all that itll cost way more than 800
point taken lol

uh-oh never go to maaco! i wrok in the collision/body industry and i have seen some maaco work. they barely scuff/sand the car, the dont take anything off and the dont tape anything up. but as stated in other posts"you get what you pay for". and if you do have it sprayed there and have to repaint anything good luck getting the right color. and i would say our shop would probably charge about 4-5k to do a full color change and to spray engine bays an door jams

the maaco in lubbock does a bad ass job.... and their best painter is a smokin ass blonde :thumbsup:

Back