1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Building4MyBro

Building4MyBro New Member

what is the estimated cost i would look for a basic white paint job on a 95 dx coupe? i want engine bay painted along with door jams

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

base coat clear coat 15-2500, enamel 600-1800

3. Building4MyBro

now if i mask it and get it down to primar myself what am i lookin at? and does the engine have to be removed for engine bay to be painted?

4. AHHVTEC

it dont have to be removed but it would be best to get in all the places, and im not sure how much it would be if you dont the prep yourself most places wont take cars you prep your self. not around here anyhow.

5. Building4MyBro

alright thanks man. im tryin to build a dx for my bro before he comes back from over seas and its turning into a handful

6. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

if youre already doing a full build your best bet is to just strip the car down completely and do it right the first time..

7. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

don't try to rush the project. if you rush it, it will turn out shitty. what color is the car originally? i would NEVER try to do a full color change on a car.....unless......i was doing a full restoration. doing a full color change the right way entails gutting the interior, pulling the engine (an harnesses), pulling the glass out. it's just too much work.

myself and several others have gotten good paint jobs from maaco. i spent $800 on mine and it looked like a $3000 job. if you try to go cheap and do it yourself, it will look like shit. pay someone to do it unless you know how to prep. it's not just about sand and primer. it takes knowledge and experience to do it good. plus tools and supplies.

get a fresh paint job and keep it clean. don't try to change the color of the car.

8. Building4MyBro

the color is this ugly ass green and its oxidizing and chippin all over i thought i might just get the whole car repainted

9. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

that green isn't ugly. it's actually a decent color. check out 99sidude's car. he had a sick green hatch with a gsr swap. but i would just repaint it. if you don't do it right, all the other parts that aren't repainted will look bad. to get it done right will cost you over $3000.

10. Matts96HB

imo if you have the know how to tear a car apart you should just strip it down and trailer it to a body shop
    if you have them do the prep work from there it will save you some money
    otherwise youre looking at easily 6-7k for decent paint and a color change
    itd be even better if you could prep the car and just have someone clean and shoot it

11. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

with that being said, a good prep job is not easy. if you don't do it right, it will cost more to have them re-do your bad prep than to just start from scratch.

12. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

I have been checking on some prices in the dfw area....... All said and done i am going with a uoh........butter get macco........ 800 bucks and done. Paints not too bad on my car as is though.

13. Matts96HB

id never send my car to maaco to be painted
    maybe thats just because i know that for that same 800$ i can paint it myself and have a far better outcome
    considering thats all im into the paint on my hatch for i think i faired pretty well

14. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

it's different if you can do it yourself. good paint tools will cost more than $800.

15. Matts96HB

for something top notch, yes. a decent gun at a local paint shop shouldnt run you more than 200. leaving you with ~600 for supplies to do it...

edit- wasnt thinking about the compressor and such
    yeah for all that itll cost way more than 800
    point taken lol

16. vettekid12

vettekid12 New Member

i can paint ur car ofr 700 flat

17. AHHVTEC

remember you always get what you pay for

18. white rice

white rice swapped ek

uh-oh never go to maaco! i wrok in the collision/body industry and i have seen some maaco work. they barely scuff/sand the car, the dont take anything off and the dont tape anything up. but as stated in other posts"you get what you pay for". and if you do have it sprayed there and have to repaint anything good luck getting the right color. and i would say our shop would probably charge about 4-5k to do a full color change and to spray engine bays an door jams

19. EF9_boy

EF9_boy New Member

the maaco in lubbock does a bad ass job.... and their best painter is a smokin ass blonde :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted