Paintball

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I prefer playing in the woods rather than air bunkers. I think it's a lot funner. I also like the strategy part of it rather than Speedball. It's cheaper on you (less paint to buy), the games are usually longer, and in my opinon, it's a better simulation of real-life situations.

The problem with woodland games is that the range on a paintball gun is much shorter than your visibility range in the forest. You may come to a large opening where you can plainly see each other, but not be able to reach.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I can see and dodge paintballs pretty well.

I would love to find an indoor training area, like a Hogan's Alley kind of thing.

Ph34r the warpfeed!!!!!

I got out of paintball because of the ridiculous prices. Our favorite woodsball field got leveled and was replaced with 6 airball courts. My friends and I were having our asses handed to us by 13 year olds with $2k guns, and $1k in gear. We said 'fuck it', and promptly sold our gear. I had a decent setup, a Blackmagic Autocoker with a Revvy hopper, Superfly bolt, and the Freak System. Had good times with it playing woodball, but got pwned by DM4's, Timmys and Angels on the airball field. Not to mention the volume of rounds you use in airball is 10x that of what I usually used in woodsball.

I got into airsoft a little while after, then eventually sold almost all my guns and gear before going to college. I plan on getting back into it this summer - when I actually have money to spend. Didn't buy the right first gun, or the right gear and paid dearly for it. When I buy all my shit this summer, I plan on doing it right.

Still got my Western Arms Wilson Combat CQB.... :ph34r:

I hear a lot of people saying that, but it can't be ALL about their guns and gear. I used to play against Marines with a pump action tippman, and held my own.

I look at those $2k guns and don't see anything special that will actually improve a game. How often does dry firing and the like happen, in a sub $500 gun?

When the investment here starts to tickle a REAL gun - I'm out.

I actually prefer the kind of markers that aren't the "magnetic" or "electronic" triggers. I don't like just running around tapping the trigger to get out 289635923 balls per second. I would rather play with a gun that can fire quickly (not lightning fast), and I choose my shots (and positioning, of course) very carefully. I went through a whole day once with 1 1/2 hoppers.

Exactly, I was an oddity at one of the fields I used to frequent, as I wouldn't go through 2 cases of paint per day. I didn't spray and pray like a lot of guys did, and I tended to only shoot when I saw the need to.

Back