painted dash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DizzyPhyziks

This 94 civic was originally just a shell for my go fast parts. The dash has some gawd awful paint on it and id like to remove it.

Is there any way to strip the paint without eating the dash?
Or maybe some way to cover the entire dash?

I have no ideA how to replace it what with the passenger airbag and other doohickies

Other options?

Depends on how well the dash was prepped before paint. It might just flake off in the heat. Probably won't ever look the same. Unfortunately, chemicals that will eat paint usually eat plastic, too. Maybe remove the dash and hit it with a power washer. Probably ruin the dash anyway due to water seeping into the backer.

I'd try carefully power washing. But other than that, just pick up a new dash. $100 or so at a junk yard or eBay.

Dashmat? My brother has one, but only covers the top. That, or just have suede or something directly adhered to it.

you can allways spray it back black (wont look quite the same but better than nastyness)
but its allways easy enough to find another unmolested dash, lol and as a matter of the air bags, remove the battery, and take shit out lol a shell for GO FAST parts, doesnt have airbags, because race car

Back