Painted My Valve cover and Wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

Here are some pics of my sedan. a little background. I bought the car new in 93. My wife drove the car for 87,000 miles then decided we needed a mini van for the family. I took over the car to use for my 120 mile a day commute to work. I drove the car stock for about a year then started poking around the mod and swap forums. In no time I had the standard I.H.E. setup on it and was looking into a swap. I also found some 15" wheels for $100. At 187,000 I called Hmotorsonline and got a B16A complete swap coming. I installed the swap the following weekend and was able to drive it to work on monday. The car now has 230,000 miles on it and was starting to look a little worn. I am starting to do some cosmetic "upgrades" to freshen up the car a bit. Just got done painting the valve cover and wheels. I am planing to repaint the front facia and install a carbon hood next.
Dscf0099.jpg

Dscf0098.jpg

Dscf0091.jpg

Dscf0089.jpg

VERY CLEAN! Looks AMAZING for 230,000 miles!!

Very nice. I love the wheels. The engine looks really clean. As another little bolt on that wouldn't look too 'rice' I'd add a black SIRII strut tower bar for the front. It would look really OEM and would help the car. Additionally, maybe think of a Type R header. It fits underneath a stock heatsheild and would add some horsepower.

Just a thought, but overall an A++ daily driver with a good deal of style.

Quoted post[/post]]
Very nice. I love the wheels. The engine looks really clean. As another little bolt on that wouldn't look too 'rice' I'd add a black SIRII strut tower bar for the front. It would look really OEM and would help the car. Additionally, maybe think of a Type R header. It fits underneath a stock heatsheild and would add some horsepower.

Thanks, Appreciate the complements. I have been looking into a OEM SS Header, but when ever I can find them with the shields intact, they are very expensive. I also had no idea that the SiR II came with a factory strut tower bar. I will definately be looking into that. Glad you like the wheels, under the paint they are fugly pitted cheap 1990 alum wheels. These are the machine finish and black ones that were popular then. Someday I hope to find some proper factory wheels.

When you painted your rims, did you remove the tire, wash, sand, prime, paint the rim, then remount the tire? or did you just spray it with tires on? Im wondering because I've thought about painting my tires but I dont want them to come out shitty or for the paint to chip easily. Let me know.

Quoted post[/post]]
Friz, the valve cover and wheels look AMAZING!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What type of paint did you use, and what did you use to strip them before hand?

Quoted post[/post]]
thought about painting my tires
That's a big NO BUENO! You do NOT, want to paint rubber. Let alone that which connects your vehicle to the road!

I striped the valve cover because the original paint was already loose. The wheels I scuffed with scotchbrite and wiped off with acetone. The paint is duplicolor med grey. I clear coated the wheels for a little extra shine, but didn't clear the valve cover. I was afraid that the clear would yellow with the heat under the hood.

Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks for the suggestion. Couldn't leave it black though.

Dscf0070.jpg

Back