painted rims!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i painted my old miata rims to match my slipstreams. Im about to put some azenis on them for racing. paid 6 bucks for a can of some rust o leum i thinK??? came out pretty good.

before
s3fde7e0975347.jpg

after
s3fde7dfd81671.jpg

compaired to my slipstreams
s3fde7e18dbbd0.jpg

looks good, I did that with some wheels I had but you might want to spray a clearcoat on them. make sure you use a satin finish if you decide to otherwise you will get a gloss finish and you will lose the gunmetal look.

yeah, that looks really good
but deffinately get a few cans of a good clear coat and do about 4 coats over the top of what you have now so that they stay that way

otherwise looks good
how much do those Miata rims weigh? 14"? how wide are they?

I am going to pick up an extra set of rims in the spring to put some nice performance tires on (not sure if I'm going with Azenis or not though) and I want something that isn't going to add much weight over my uber light HX wheels
but kind of want to pick up something cheaper even than rota's (maybe used rota's :) )

looks good. i want to do a really dark paint on my mustang wheels to match my turquoise/black theme.

Back