Painted rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

My car came with a different set of direction rims on it that I really liked a lot, but I recently bought a set of 94-95 EX rims with brand new tires on them to put on my rims, then I realized the cost of switching them over would be ridiculous. So I started thinking and realized painting the rims could make them look really nice, and leaving the center caps off would make them look even more aftermarket. I bought 320 grit sandpaper, Duplicolor Graphite and Steel (for the outside ring) rim spray paint from autozone for around $20 for everything, and got going. Here is the result:

0917091800.jpg

0917091800a.jpg

0916092142.jpg

Before and after pic:

0916092144a.jpg

The paint is outstanding, you'd never think it came out of a cheap spray can! I'd highly recommend this to anyone. My camera phone doesn't really do justice to the world of sparkle the paint has in it, Duplicolor has my business for life!

I'd rut the center cap back on. I get what you're thinking but I just don't think it captures that idea well. Just paint over them in that steel color.

Back