Painting deal..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok so I am in a car club now (as of last night) and they are mostly lowriders and stuff like that but since I know all of the guys in the club and the one that started it is my brother-in-law they said hell, well let a honda in. But anyways lol. One of the guys in the club is a painter. He said he would spray it for me if I just have to do the body work/prep. Question is what grit/steps/anything I need to do to get my car ready for paint. all input is a big THX. I'm pretty sure there is ALOT of thread out there but I think if someone has enough knowledge they should maybe make a DIY? Hell if you guys give me enough help I might even make my own DIY while I do mine for all the newbies to look at something If they are brave enough to do it on there own car.

Look at my thread in auto-multimedia. That should give you a General idea. If there is enough intrest in writeup on general bodywork I may be able to make a write up over the next few weeks.

just do a search, we have coverd it 10 or so times now, basicly, you need to take the shine off the entire car and unbolt every molding, and piece of trim you can. Depending on far you want to go it could me pulling all the door glass ect.

Back