painting rims?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MadMaXXX

Mad Man
hi
i have a sherwood green 95 legend and the finish on my rims is starting to peal and such

i was wondering if any1 knew a way to restore/paint them so they may look like they did when they were new

if not im open to suggestions on replacements

my car looks like the green 1 in the picture and has the same rims

279163_3.jpg

There is a thread on honda-tech about DIY rim painting and i guess it holds up pretty well if you have them bead blasted and then use some dupli-color or krylon stuff.

I have a 97 Integra LS with some 99-00 Si wheels that I painted. I just got some wheel cleaner and cleaned the shit out of them, took them off, put some note cards around the tires so I would not get paint on them, and bought some Dupli-Color Graphite Wheel paint and some High Heat Clear Coat and went to work. With the Dupli-Color Wheel paint I didn't need to sand or primer. Painted them and they held up great. No chipping or discoloration for 4 months. I just repainted them a week ago because I got some new tires and when they got mounted some of the paint came off. Other than that no problems here and it only cost about $8 bucks.

yea those rims would look cool on a legend...i have painted 2 sets of rims and they look okay...didnt do much prep work but they still turned out fine...

i think im just gonna order me those
thir on sale with tires for 499 and my current tires are pretty worn out so i figure id spend a couple extra bucks and get rims too

Back