1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting rims

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 90sihatch, Sep 21, 2005.

1. 90sihatch

90sihatch Senior Member

I know it is possible to paint rims, but I was wondering what it would take or if it is even possible to paint rims that dark bronze color. I wasn't sure if that is something that could be painted on, or if the rims have to be dipped or what. thanks

2. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

Powder coating Yo!

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

yeah you can do it. make sure you give them a good cleaning and sand them down a bit with 400grit wetsand. thats how i did mine, and they look awesome.

4. 90sihatch

90sihatch Senior Member

\

I talked to someone today about doing it, and they told me $75 a piece. Is it always that expensive, because I could almost buy a set for that?

5. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

75 for the whole set done in a hour or two sounds right. I would slap that guy that told you 75 a piece

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

depends on the size of the wheel and whether the powdercoater is any good.

a good powdercoater can command a little higher price. also, a larger wheel will cost more to coat (more coating, more oven space, etc.

7. Autotek92x

Autotek92x Junior Member

powder coating can be veyr expensive. In all honesty, i think its better to just buy new rims.

8. formby

formby learning in progress

[​IMG]

this is my paint job....all i did was spray it...i would recomend sanding and clearcoating it....

9. civickidHF

civickidHF Junior Member

i powder coat yo! see that pic of my B17.. that valve cover was chipped all to hell.... i powdercoated it wrinkle red like the type R valver covers :mrgreen: i can do wheels.. intake manifolds.. almost anything that wont melt at 370º get at me if anyones intereested i can send some pics and color choices.. and if i dont have it, i can get it just about any color in the world.. even house of colors

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted