painting the coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMB20Coupe

Powerd With 1 Cam
im repaintin my car and im not sure what color i know its gonna be black but should i go with the oem shiny black or the old skool hodrod flat black. its also gonna have a set of flat blat fat fives on it. let me know your opinion

i'd go flat. personally i think it's much more attracitve than gloss. in my opinion most gloss civic's look rice. but a flat black one looks blah. i personally like blah.

just go glosy the flatening agent will cost you if a shop paints your car but if your doing it a single stage omni black would give you the same flat ratrod look (thats actually what they use) i just painted my 89 civic with the 2 stage gloss blach with a tinted clear from omni and i'm very happy with it.

if you want to go cheep the single stage is only 100 bucks a gallon i bet you could paint your whole car for 250 bucks including materials but if it runs your up shit creak. cant fix a single stage run gota start over

How do you figure that you cant fix a single stage run. As long as its not a metalic/pearl/candy color all layers will be the same and you can sand and buff it just like any base/clear finish.

Back