Painting the Interior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18civic1013

I was wondering what is the best way to apint the interior of a car. i've seen where people have painted and then it bubbled is there a way this won't happen. also whats the best paint to use

If you have access to real paint equipment, then use this method:
Buy a QT. of SEM Flexible Primer. Sand the parts down with some 400grit paper and spray the primer on the parts. Then wetsand with 400 and then 6 or 800 grit. Apply the base color, and then the clear coat.

If you dont have a spray gun:
Buy a can of Plastic Primer, sand the part with 400grit. Spray on 2 to 3 coats of the plastic primer. Wetsand it with 400 and then 6 or 800 grit. Apply the spray color of your choice followed by clear if you want

Thats about it :)

I've painted dozens and dozens of interiors using both methods, they work well and never have had paint bubble, chip, crack or fade! I also do this as a side job, I usually charge 50-75 +shipping charges for a set of interior trim parts.

here's what you do... find some ex-ricer that has painted his interior and realizes it was stupid, then trade him your stock interior. when you get sick of it and realize how retarded it is... go and trade it off to some other up 'n coming ricer so you morons quit ruining perfectly fine stock interiors.

but... if your better judgement is nowhere to be found and you do paint your stock interior... do the steps above but don't bother sanding with 600 or 800 grit. 400 grit scrathes will not show through the paint you will be using.

c'mon now why you gotta knock him? if he wants to paint some of the interior pieces then let him do so. I have some of my stuff painted a metallic blue and it looks ok. Would I do it again? probably not but it doesn't look terrible. the key to doing it is to do quality work and to do it in moderation.

just my .02

dont do it bro...cause like me...u'll regret it later and have to take the friggin time to get everything back to stock like using thinners or spending the money to get new peices....waste of time...no one even does that stuff anymore...bu whatever floats ur boat....just thought u might like a second opinion

Back