paintscratch.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I just bought a rear bumper for my car from a junk yard for like 25 dollars and it has a big blemish in the right side of it but the color matches well to my car. But i need to fix it and i was thinking about touchup paint.i am also looking to do some touch up on my car but i am un experienced with a paint gun so to cover large areas i was thinking of using the rattle can. But i was wondering how good is the match of the color? Has anyone ever used this site? To paint my rear bumper it would cost almost 60 dollars for just paint materials. 1 can of base coat, 1 bottle of clear coat and 1 can of primer. I just need your opinion and personal experience in this matter. www.paintscratch.com is the site.

My old roommate bought stuff from there, but we never got around to fixing his bumper. At the very least, the service from the site and the quality of what was delivered seem to be very good.

That is what you call "factory pack" paint, it may be close to the hue if your car is new but if your driving anything over a year old, odds are it will not match perfectly. Matching paint is a pain, especially if it's red or any gold/silver metallic. Variant decks for painters can be a few inches thick for just white. But if your just touching up chips and scratches it should be fine.

Paint wise... how much to paint a car nad make it look really good. Granted you have a good painter.

you can paint a car with as little as 2 quarts if you thin it well and use a few light coats...

check out autobodydepot.net

i think there is a link there to either a site, or an inhouse place that will match your paint, and package it in a spray can...

i think they MATCH it, not use your stock color code, so that might help with the matching problems due to fading...

as far as painting a car with cans... i've heard of people doing primer and using 12 to 15 cans... you ALWAYS need more than you bought... ALWAYS

EDIT: custom aerosol packaged paint

Back