Panda Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cons- can't get the pistons in the US. Pros- yes it's cost effective and will hold quite a bit of power.

What the fuck is a panda motor? Are you talking about that guy that sold supra pistons? Well that's basically the idea of those vitara pistons too. My thougts are that if your going to build your motor, do it right the first time. This means buy forged rods/pistons, eagle/scat rods are like 275-300 and pistons are like 400-500. The only good reason I could see somebody buying those vitara/supra pistons for a build would be if they could do all the work themselves and do it VERY cheap.

does any one know about any writeups about panda motors.seems interesting and a fun project to do....
could you use those pistons in a stock ls(i have a block and 2 heads) no pistons

Definitive Panda Motor Parts Guide by TurboPanda @ Honda-Tech

I'm planning on building a turbo EG Si, and on the side, do a Panda Motor Build to swap into another car, maybe an EF or a DA as a second car.

The Panda Motor uses a D Series Block and Head, 1G-GTE Pistons and Rings, B16 Rods and Bearings. TurboPanda Claims that he pushed all the way to 1.6 Bar (23.2 psi) before the engine started to bend rods.

He says that with the pistons, it lowers the compression down to ~8:1 and he ran 1 Bar (14.7 psi) daily for almost 2 years, bumping up to 1.3 bar (18 psi) at the track. He states that the only other thing you need other than a turbo kit for the set up is Very Good Engine Management and tuning.

NOTE: As info I gathered from Sol (I think), it's not Psi that fucks the engine up, it's the amount of horsepower that you toss at it.

You could be running 10psi to reach 200hp or 22psi to hit 200hp depending on the turbo and it will still be the same amount of stress you are putting on the engine (Please correct me if I am wrong).

All that stuff the said was just from him. I'm guessing it works well, I just have never tried it personally. We'll see sooner or later.

I would think that it would have been a little more informative if he had posted how much HP he was able to effectively and efficiently produce with the motor vs. the Psi numbers he had posted.

You can be fast and cheap, but it won't be reliable.
You can be cheap and reliable, but it won't be fast.
You can be fast and reliable, but it won't be cheap.

i think you can be cheap and be reliable and be fast BUT you have to be patient, know people and wait for good pricing. also a good ecu pckg beeing AEM, Hondata,uberdata, chrome,or turboedit. thats what makes a ride MORE reliable but crvtec does have a point

I remember reading that quote from another post lol!

When I mean fast, just fast enough for me
When I mean cheap, just cheap enough for me
When I mean reliable, just reliable enough for me to use daily driven and at the track w/o the engine popping holes in itself.

Everyone has their own preference to what is fast, cheap, and reliable.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 25 2004, 04:35 PM
[post=437139]Quoted post[/post]​

It really irritates me when people say that. If done right you CAN have all three. My car was cheap ($1100 for the custom turbo kit), it's very reliable, and it's pretty fast for what it is (13.3 so far, should be easy 12's next time at the track). This is a stock d16z6 in a full interior coupe.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Dec 25 2004, 07:20 PM-->
@Dec 25 2004, 04:35 PM
[post=437139]Quoted post[/post]​

It really irritates me when people say that. If done right you CAN have all three. My car was cheap ($1100 for the custom turbo kit), it's very reliable, and it's pretty fast for what it is (13.3 so far, should be easy 12's next time at the track). This is a stock d16z6 in a full interior coupe.
[post=437248]Quoted post[/post]​

but i think thats only due to the fack that your in car ramrod

Back