Parked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufel

Today is the day that the project starts. Parked the 95 Civic Coupe in the garage lifted it up and removed wheels, front and rear bumper, side skirts, and hood.
Didn't have the cash for the B18C so ordered the B16A2.

It's not coming off the rack till everything is done. Don't think it will touch pavement till next spring.

Need to do the swap, get the turbo, intercooler, cam, rear disc brakes, suspension all swapped over to new stuff. Only thing I am stuck on is what to do about the body. Don't want to rice it out with some kit but I want it to look clean. Removing the door guard strips from the doors, fenders, and rear quarter panels and fillin the gap and smoothing it over. Don't know if I am going to a carbon fiber hood or a fiberglass hood yet either.

In the end the color will be a light light grey, all grill vents will be black, riding on some gunmetal wheels and black interior.

good luck, and try not to get discouraged once you really get into the project. too many people quit halfway through.

keep us up to date :thumbsup:

It's been about a month for me, hasn't touched the ground yet. Can't find parts. Anyway good luck, what turbo you usin?

BTW I promise you unless u got money or a good job your gonna run out with that kinda set up.

dude, :fuckyou2: :asshat: Why would you discourage him. at least he's not doing something super ricey like MOLDING THE BUMPERS INTO THE CAR!!!!!

Haven't decided on what Turbo yet. And I make a decent income + just finished selling the last Great Dane puppy last weekend all that money still in the bank from that. I know its sad selling puppy to support my Project. But hey can't afford to feed 14 Great Danes, didn't want to breed her, had her seperated from the male while she was in season... he managed to climb the 10ft fence to get some. 12 puppies at 850 a pop is a good way to start the funds for the project.

I think the 3 big things I haven't decided on are Turbo, Suspension, and exterior body. On the turbo only thing I know is I most likely won't run a big boost cause I want to be able to take the car to Barbara Motor Speedway and run laps with it. Suspension needs to be more for cornering just haven't decided on which brand. As far as comsetics goes... havent decided if I want to body kit or not ( leaning really heavy on the NOT side ), most likely a Type M fiberglass hood, already have the JDM black headlights with blue projectors, JDM black corner lights, and JDM black tail lights. Think I will put Z3 fenders on it but not sure. Front grill mesh will be black along with mesh on hood. Not going to cost me anything for the paint job except whatever the paint cost is.

But like any other project it takes time and things change as time goes by. Don't need it to be the fastest thing on the streets here just want it to be peppy. Don't want to rice it out like all the kids are doing here but want to turn heads cause its clean. Don't need a body kit for ppl to say "nice ride".

Been wanting to work on a Honda for the last couple years. Finally found this Civic, college girl selling it. She had graduated school and was getting a new car. She used the car to get around school and drive back and forth from Mississippi to Alabama. Original motor & tranny has 151k miles. It runs good, no leaks, no smoke, interior was in excellent condition and she was a non-smoker.

But man did it have some ugly ass Eagle rims on it lol.

And I think colorpros has one of the cleanest hatches I have seen. Since I started this project.

I would go with Tein Suspension wise, it doesn't get any better than that, for Turbo, Greddy makes good kits, nothing too big. On a side note, I need to get me 12 Great Dane puppies, at $850 a pop for 12 = $10,200. I need to get me a Great Dane, but an apartment is way too small for that big of a dog.

on exterior i think you should get carbonfiber hood, fenders, and trunk but dont get a front bumper i looks like crap. dont get z3's they look like crap dont get a bodykit on this type of project its not worth it.

remember this is just my 2 cents i am not trying to tell you how to do your car

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Nov 5 2003, 09:13 AM
Fuck I need to breed some damn dog! $10,200 for 12 :bonk: I want money that easy! :D

Well the female dane's father has 13 National Championships... the male's father has 2 Euro championships. So blue bloodline.. and the fact that both parents are solid blue ( in color ) danes and all the puppies are solid blue they bring extra $$. Hard to find blue danes with a good bloodline. I paid 1500 for the female and 1000 for the male when I bought them. And to top it off... I don't show these dogs just got them for house pets.

And thanks for all the info you guys gave me. No offense civic15.8 but I am not a big fan of the carbon fiber stuff. But I have decided not to go with a body kit.

you can paint all theat carbon fiber stuff tho... you dont need to leave it unpainted.... if you sold all thos dogs and you didn't have enough to buy a gsr motor... you must have some bills kid :D

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 5 2003, 08:42 PM
you can paint all theat carbon fiber stuff tho... you dont need to leave it unpainted.... if you sold all thos dogs and you didn't have enough to buy a gsr motor... you must have some bills kid :D

Put $7500 into a 1 year CD. LOL everything is on a budget to include the investments. Just wish I could sell my nVidia stock and get out of it what I put into it :angry:

eCheck just cleared the bank. This means B16A2 + Tranny + ECU on the way.
Hmm wonder how long I got till it gets here? Plus eCheck for the headlights, corners, and tail lights cleared. Will get paid tomorrow and need to do a think session on suspension looking at maybe about 1900 for suspension budget. /shrug to be honest really dont know yet.

Originally posted by Teufel@Nov 4 2003, 07:55 PM
Parked the 95 Civic Coupe in the garage lifted it up and removed wheels, front and rear bumper, side skirts, and hood.

It's not coming off the rack till everything is done. Don't think it will touch pavement till next spring.

Sucks a_ _ doesn't it. Mine has been sitting for 2 months and I am going crazy.
Hopefully by Christmas it will be running.

Originally posted by gocivicls+Nov 6 2003, 10:36 PM-->
@Nov 4 2003, 07:55 PM
Parked the 95 Civic Coupe in the garage lifted it up and removed wheels, front and rear bumper, side skirts, and hood.

Sucks a_ _ doesn't it. Mine has been sitting for 2 months and I am going crazy.
Hopefully by Christmas it will be running.

Not really to bad. I still got my 1.8T to tool around in and spank on the ricers with. :p

Been busy all night lookin at diff suspension parts. Ordered some JDM front and rear lips while I was at it.

Picked up the Enkei RS6's(17x7). So probably will have everything else done to the car except the engine by late December ( minus paint ).

Quick question? What do you all think about painting the underbody? Was thinking maybe powder coating some of the suspension parts. The parts I got for doing the rear disc brake conversion are kinda bland looking. Thought maybe powder coating them would be a nice touch. But then again who is going to see it?

Everything if finally off/outta the car finally. Suspension, motor, tranny, rear brakes.

End of next week stuff should start coming in.

I wish I had a budget to work on. Oh well. Good Luck, this will be a badass car when finished. Post pictures of the car in the garage I always love to see cars in the garage!

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back