Part Two...Windows.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K there are a lot of preventive methods for weatherizing the window. Make sure they take drastic measures to do so. I am a humongous fan of back caulking every seem, inside/out, and using a barrier between the window and the frame such as moiststop, a product that is readily available at most lumber yards in both 6" and 12" rolls, and even 15" if you wanna just get that crazy.

I'm going to go around everything with a fine tipped caulking tube...and re-trim some of the windows later, then paint. They are using a roll of something for the install. I can't wait to see my first month's real heating bill after everything is done....I'm actually stoked....

The first month I moved in, it was $442 for 22 days.....:O

then after I added the gas furnace it dropped to $220....

If the windows and siding can drop the heating down to $150ish a month...I'll be happy as fuck...and and and I can actually live like I did in the summer time....like having a little money to spend on fun things. :)

7 windows left to do Wednesday.....out of 20. 5 of them are easy...since they are on the porch...2 of them side by side, and 3 of them side by side...so like 2 windows really. So in reality...just 4 windows left...and then I got to pound out the kitchen door, and the rest of the windows in the basement myself..

DSC00885.JPG

And all 5 on the porch cranks out to swing open...cool as fuck....I wasn't expecting that....:)

Back