Parting out 1990 CRX Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jazzop

I have a black 1991 CRX Si to part out. It has front-end impact damage, but I have a professional evaluation from a frame shop that the frame/unibody is still straight and within OEM limits. My original plan was to repair the front end, but my life circumstances have changed and a project car is no longer something I have the time & money for. The title is a Florida salvage title.

The following items are NOT available:

engine
swaybars
seats
steering column
dashboard
wheels
rear suspension
ECU

I realize there isn't much left, but I'd rather give you guys the opportunity to score some obscure bits before I sell the whole thing to the junkyard.

I can take Paypal, as long as it is not a credit card payment.

Please email me directly with the part you want: tpt1@students.uwf.edu

are the rear quarters still in good condition, (no rust)and would you be willing to ship them?

I'm sorry I left out my city in the original post. The car is located in Pensacola, FL.

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into! I have had some requests for pretty difficult stuff to remove. My mechanical experience is purely engine, drivetrain, and suspension. I have never tried removing body panels and I don't know how easy it is to do on a unibody car like the CRX.

I am going to have to calculate a fair charge for the time it takes me to remove some items. Any suggestions on what is standard procedure for folks parting out cars like this?

Also, please remember to email me directly with your requests. I can do email on the go with my Palm Pilot, but my work schedule doesn't let me check the web very often. You can post your dibs on specific parts here, but I really need a direct email in order to get working on it faster for you.

tpt1@students.uwf.edu

To answer a few different questions I've gotten:

1. I don't have the tranny (or CV axles).

2. I am not willing to cut up the shell. I just don't have the tools or the time to mess with that. If it doesn't unbolt, then you have to buy the shell to get it.

3. I do have the front fenders, which I believe are bolted on (not certain). One of them has a slight kink from the front impact, but it is probably an easy fix for those that know how. The other is undamaged.

I am going to be out of town from Fri-Mon, so I won't have any replies until I get back. Those who need pictures will have to be patient. I don't own a camera of any kind, and the car is not parked at my house. So I will have to borrow a camera from someone and make a trip to my friend's house where the car is parked. This takes time.

What color is the car?
I'm interested in the fenders(only if they're RED or WHITE), brake lights, ebrake handle, and perhaps some other things I can't think of.

Do you have that stuff?
Oh, I'm in Tallahassee, so we wouldn't have to worry about shipping... ;)

If u have the whole intake manifold and injectors and fuel rail for my MPFI swap....Im very interested....or I could use hte engine harness? let me know if u have these avaliable please pm me and I can paypal u some cash!

OK, I just got back from Atlanta. It has been raining constantly, so I can't get any pics yet for those who have asked.

To answer some posts:

Yes, I have the intake and fuel rail, but I stole the cold air sensor off of it, so you'll have to get a new one of those.

Yes, I have all the interior panels, except the boot board and the dashboard. The door panels have small holes near the front (just forward and slightly above the door latch handles) where I had component tweeters installed.

No engine wiring harness.

To reiterate the original post... the car is BLACK.

TT

do you have the battery ground wire, from the battery to the fuse block to the starter?? ALso the exhaust if its stock im interested in that also... i gotta pass smog dammit

OK, it finally stopped raining today, and I have the afternoon off tomorrow (Friday), so I will go out to the car and take some pics for those who needed them.

To answer some more questions above:

For ryangt:

I have the exhaust from the manifold to the end of the pipe behind the catalytic convertor. After that, it rusted off a long time ago at the muffler and I never replaced it, since Civics are pretty quiet without mufflers anyway. Also, you seem to have the battery ground and hot wire confused. Either way, I don't have them. You are better off going to Autozone and getting a 2-guage cable for $7 than using that cheap OEM speaker wire anyway.

Back