IA Parting out: 1999 Subaru Legacy L Wagon 2.2 AWD Maroon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

My poor Subaru died on the highway a few months ago of a broken camshaft. I have no idea how it happened, but I just had gotten an oil change so maybe they messed something up. The shop couldn't find anything.

I was going to replace the motor but I can't find one anywhere close, so I'll be parting out the whole car. Let me know if you want something and give me an offer and we'll work from there.

Here's some info about the car:
1999 Maroon Subaru Legacy L Wagon 2.2 AWD 125,000miles (last I checked)

Factory Alloy rims w/ Potenza RE092 All Season tires (top rated All season on TireRack.com) w/ 90% tread left, probably 1000-2000 miles on them top.

A little front end damage from my mom running the bumper into the curb (so the front bumper isn't in all that great of shape). There are a few nicks and scrapes here and there. There is a dent in the pass rear door from where someone hit me in the parking lot and didn't leave a note.

It has a factor roof rack.

The transmission is in great condition, but I'm not really all that enthusiastic about shipping it. For the right price I will, but I'd prefer local deals for the tranny.

I'm going to tear out the motor and break it down into parts and see what's salvageable unless someone wants the whole thing. I'm guessing I'll have 1 perfect condition head (no idea about what side yet), a block, alternator, ps pump, ac pump, etc. Again, not wanting to ship the block.

All the axles are in good condition, but I'll double check before promising anything.

The cloth interior is in great condition with the exception of the trunk carpet which has some stains and tears from being used for hauling stuff.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but if you're interested, please contact me via email (instead of PM). If you'd like to talk on the phone, email me for my phone number. Thanks guys,

-Kai

Back