Parts needed for a D17A2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RE3Rotor

Hey guys,
I am not sure where I should put this thread but because it's about a D17A2 engine, I thought I'd put it here. We are planning on fitting our classic mini with the D17A2 block we aquired. I am wondering what parts do we need to get to have it work? I know we will need the conversion subframe, ECU, harness (not sure how much of that is needed), etc.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

ECU, harness, transmission, etc. Are you thinking of trying to use the Civic's sub-frame? I would just fab up some mounts to fit the motor into the Mini's bay.

Just curious...is there some reason you chose to go with a D17? I'd rather actually work with a D16 from the previous two Civic generations. They're simpler, better for perfomance builds, and have lots more after-market support...

The only reason for choosing the D17 is because we found a long block for really cheap. Our mini had 40hp to begin with so the D17 is plenty powerful for the little car. :p

There is a company that makes the conversion subframes for B, D, and K series engines. They also makes chipped ECU for the conversion but they are OBDI and my brother likes OBDII. We are going to research a little more on how much of the harness we need to make it run on OBDII. We are also looking for an auto tranny for the little one to make it a nice DD. (We have too many manual cars at home so we don't need another one)

Ah, okay. Should be an interesting project. Keep us updated...

Back