1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts needed for battery relocation in 2nd gen CRX

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by freak86, Sep 27, 2006.

1. freak86

freak86 New Member

needed parts for battery relocation in 2nd gen CRX

Here is the situation. I just did a swap of b16a sirI into my 88crxsi. For room and intake reasons, I want to relocate the battery to the back of the car. I understand I should use 4 guage or larger wire, a distribution block up front, and hook the negative in the back on the chassis. I also need a battery box, and some way to mount it to the chassis so it doesn't fly around in an accident. I bought an optima red top for power.
    I have a few questions about some other things though.
    I understand that I'll need a fuse of some sort to prevent fires and battery damage. What kind of fuse will work for this. I went to a stereo shop and they told me that I can't use a AGU(glass) fuse because it won't support the amperage needed from the starter, and that it'll blow the fuse on repitition. Is this true? He told me that I have to use a ANL fuse and holder, which is more expensive.
    Also, should I go larger than 4 gauge? Maybe 2 gauge? I don't have anything crazy going on for sound/lighting or anything.
    Is there anything else I need?
    Swap's almost done. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  2. freak86

freak86 New Member

Noone's had this situation with battery relocation?
    I just need to know what amp fuse to go with for my b16? I can figure out the rest on my own(ANL or AGU, wire size) if need be.

3. freak86

freak86 New Member

Okay, thanks for the help.:rolleyes:, but nevermind.
    I got some answers/oppinions on honda-tech.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted