parts you recomend for 300hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shootNOS

what brands do you suggest i get for the after market parts that are needed for 300 hp?? and can i get some specs on the parts too. i can get tdo5's for 50 bucks is that gonna be enough turbo? should i get a bigger turbo? thanks in advance, i'm just a mini trucker wanting a quick import too. oh yeah this is gonna be a jdm zc dohc

Originally posted by shootNOS@Jan 9 2004, 08:14 PM
what brands do you suggest i get for the after market parts that are needed for 300 hp?? and can i get some specs on the parts too. i can get tdo5's for 50 bucks is that gonna be enough turbo? should i get a bigger turbo? thanks in advance, i'm just a mini trucker wanting a quick import too. oh yeah this is gonna be a jdm zc dohc

that turbo should be enough. But it all depends on how much you want to spend. You want the motor built? You wanna be safe in every way?

IT all depends.

what i really want to do is find a happy medium between really good stuff and ok but not shitty stuff. this is gonna be a daily driver so its gotta be able to take it day in and day out. i'm gonna try and use, used parts when ever its possible to save some money ie.pistions(but i would get new rings) and rods and such. basicaly what would you put in your car?

id run
AFC HACK
they have a good deal on ebay (ebay whore) where u can get pistons and rods togeather some with lower compression like 9:1
big injectors like i think they are 550 cc or 540 cant remeber
upgraded fuel pump, like a warlbol
and a shit load of tuning
there is many things u can do like block haurds (herd some thing, bad things lol)
thicker head gaskets, shit like that, have fun

Originally posted by shootNOS@Jan 10 2004, 02:30 PM
what i really want to do is find a happy medium between really good stuff and ok but not shitty stuff. this is gonna be a daily driver so its gotta be able to take it day in and day out. i'm gonna try and use, used parts when ever its possible to save some money ie.pistions(but i would get new rings) and rods and such. basicaly what would you put in your car?

One if its gonna be driven alot I wouldnt go used.

300 whp... I would do this....

Street legal..(if you in cali)

Get a greddy kit and just do some minor upgrades.
Sleeve the engine to use the kit at max potential.
Get some new rods and pistons (econo crower will do)
That should be enough.

If you not in cali and not worried about smog then just make a custom kit.

wow

Nitrous freaks here. Nitrous with turbo doing 300whp just asking for more problems.

I would also get the s-afc and not the afc hack but get the 3 bar gm sensor. Works better! Get the eclipse injectors, bigger fuel rail, and what he said above about the fuel pump

Back