passenger cv axle will not go into the Hub???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For the dpfi to mpfi you will need the following;

OBD0 Si intake manifold.
OBD0 Si dizzy.
PM6 ECU.
Injector resistor box.

Sorry about all the questions bro, But I'm just lost to as why the hell do i need a Si Manfold when mine is the same thing. and also why do i need a PM6 ECU ?

I dont know maybe I'm just to dam dumb to understand it but to me i dont get why i cant just switch the 2 wires on the ecu for the TPS sensor and move on to adding the 4 extra wires need to run the injectors and run them to the injector resistor box. and fire it up.

I think it says in their you need a Si manifold to do a dpfi to mpfi swap but if i already got a entire motor with a manifold that already has 4 injectors that should be the same thing dont you think?

and the stock dizzy and stock ecu should work by just changing those few wires that this site show you to do D2G Automotive Articles 88-91 Civic - DPFI to MPFI Conversion shouldn't it?

Like I said you will have to do an OBD conversion to make the 93 intake work. And you need the PM6 because it is the Si computer. Your stock ECU wont work its for the dual point motor. The multi points have two more injectors and a cylinder position sensor in the dizzy, the dual points dont. So to make the conversion work you will need all the stuff the Si has that the DX/STD doesnt. Your making your car into an Si, so you need all the parts that make an Si an Si. Do you understand what Im getting at here?

I dont know maybe I'm just to dam dumb to understand it but to me i dont get why i cant just switch the 2 wires on the ecu for the TPS sensor and move on to adding the 4 extra wires need to run the injectors and run them to the injector resistor box. and fire it up.

I think it says in their you need a Si manifold to do a dpfi to mpfi swap but if i already got a entire motor with a manifold that already has 4 injectors that should be the same thing dont you think?

and the stock dizzy and stock ecu should work by just changing those few wires that this site show you to do D2G Automotive Articles 88-91 Civic - DPFI to MPFI Conversion shouldn't it?
wait what motor do you have again

You can use a 93 intake manifold; you do not need a Si one. Only difference is the MAP mounting. The 93 has it on the throttle body, while the Si is external. Luckily, the plugs are the same so it does not matter. No OBD conversion needed. Only "OBD" conversion part would be is if you used an OBD1 distributor.

After I got to thinking, that is really the only difference. He will still need the OBD0 injectors and resistor box though.

You can use a 93 intake manifold; you do not need a Si one. Only difference is the MAP mounting. The 93 has it on the throttle body, while the Si is external. Luckily, the plugs are the same so it does not matter. No OBD conversion needed. Only "OBD" conversion part would be is if you used an OBD1 distributor.

Well thats good to hear because i would be pissed if i bought that manfiold for nothing lol.

He will not need OBD0 injectors or resistor box if the injector plugs fit or he swaps the plug connectors over to work with the OBD1 injectors.

OBD0 Injectors are like 2-3ohms with ~10ohm resistor= ~13ohms
OBD1 Injectors= ~13-15ohms.

OBD0 injectors or any low-impedance injectors without a resistor box=fried ECU.

After I got to thinking, that is really the only difference. He will still need the OBD0 injectors and resistor box though.

the injectors on the motor now are obd1 right??? whats the difference don't they have the same connection?

If the connectors are the same(I do not know because I never checked); then run the D15B7 injectors. Also, when you wire up the DPFI/MPFI conversion, you could go ahead and use the OBD1 injector plugs.

Difference is the impedance. The OBD0 injectors need the resistor box because they're peak and hold/low impedance types. The OBD1 injectors are saturated/high impedance and do not need the resistor box.

Its late, I cant think, Ill let someone else handle it. Ive hopefully at least helped you understand the concept of the conversion.

If the connectors are the same(I do not know because I never checked); then run the D15B7 injectors. Also, when you wire up the DPFI/MPFI conversion, you could go ahead and use the OBD1 injector plugs.

Difference is the impedance. The OBD0 injectors need the resistor box because they're peak and hold/low impedance types. The OBD1 injectors are saturated/high impedance and do not need the resistor box.

So, I don't need a injector resistor box on the injectors on the 93 motor?

Back