Passenger Side Mangled. Help with what to do!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The newer they got, the heavier also. Plus, nothing like the CRX out there except the NX2000, which is more rare, and the MX3.

I've had three 88 Hondas: 2 CRX's and currently a Civic(with the CRX front end on there :D ). I guess I'm a big EF fan. I wasn't really looking for a CRX, but got one that I found for a decent price and fell in love with the handling.
I say if you like it, try to save it, but if it's pricey or difficult(like the pics dacheat posted), just look for another one(my second CRX was actually a replacement for my first CRX...paid $200 for it).

It's not worth fixing a car that old.

your wrong..it is worth fixing,if she loves the car,
hell id fix it for her because its a honda,,i dont give a fuck how old a car is,its worth fixing///thats called dedication,devotion,and passion

i obviously :wub: the crx in general so i would never steer someone away from theirs...

but i do think that for someone who only has one ride (and that ride is in questionable state) they should make sure they're being realistic. the 89 si pictured above was my favorite car ever...dad bought it when i was 16, i bought it off of him when i was 26, thoroughly planned on having it for the long haul, with new paint, engine swap, etc. and then one day it looked like that and i thought....yeah....this one will never be the same. as much love as i had for it, i bawled and then took every salvageable part off of it and sold the sprung chassis for scrap. and now i have another rex which doesn't have the history, but still has all of the potential. i agree with k2ev and injen. aleaf, you're somewhere in the middle of some long hard work, or decisionmaking ;).

i obviously hope that the damage on your rex is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. but every bit of damage you described sounds pretty much like what i had on mine.. :shrug2:

if your rex looks like this, yer fookt :D (sorry i couldn't help picturing this reading your post):

No, no, no, no....no. Definitely not that fucked up. It's got a few scraps along the side (easy to fix) and the back quarter panel is 10 % of the fuck-updedness. The bumpers are still close to perfect, not bend, anything. The front got pushed to the other side a little, but.... actually the whole car is like 10 % of that wreckage lol. I should be good to go.

Back