Passion of Christ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yoshi

I know there are alot of people on this bored that aren't Christian but I was just wonderin if any one has seen it yet. I got my tickets for 8:45 tonight. Just wonderin what you guys thought.

I really want to see it. Sounds pretty good but I haven't seen that many previews for it. Maybe I don't watch enough TV

Im definatly going to go see it. but im not christain in the least bit. just looks like a really good movie

my friend saw it yesterday and he cried, I am a christian and im excited to be reminded what I believe Christ did for us.

I am going to go see it for sure.

I recomend that everybody go see it, regaurdless of weather or not you are religeous or not. The movie is supposed to be an accurate description of Jesus life and death, and there are so many misconceptions about Him now it would clarify a lot for all yall.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Feb 25 2004, 09:44 PM
I recomend that everybody go see it, regaurdless of weather or not you are religeous or not. The movie is supposed to be an accurate description of Jesus life and death, and there are so many misconceptions about Him now it would clarify a lot for all yall.

Not religious, but the movie looks very interesting. A very impressive production. I've heard that parts are very violent, and that aspect doesn't appeal to me.

Otherwise, I don't know how accurate the movie can be, considering it's still founded on hearsay... old 2,000 year old hearsay, but still hearsay.

If the movie brings people closer to their spiritual beliefs, that's cool with me. Some of Jewish faith are nervous about being blamed for Jesus' death, but hopefully their fears will be unfounded. The Christian god seems to like to test humans, and sometimes they seem to "fail him". But going back to the first test in the Garden of Eden, in the long run, it was a good thing what Eve did. If I had been Eve though, I probably wouldn't have offered any of the apple to Adam. lol.

Anyway, I hope that everyone behaves themselves over this movie.

hmm....

go watch passion of christ......

sit at home and masturbate......

go watch passion of christ......

sit at home and masturbate......

decisions decisions!
:shrug2:

Masturbate while watching Jesus Christ................nah.

Looks like a cool movie. Mel Gibson is religious, so I'm sure he wouldn't take the part unless he felt it were accurate. Should be good.

mel gibson? what the crap...

next thing youre gonna tell me is that chingy is judas.....

'psst...yo police dude...i know where jesus is, yo...heres my card, im only one call away'

and the next day....

'yo dawg, its dat mothafucka right thurr (right thurr)!'

im christian by birth, but that's about it.

but, i'm also a movie nut.

I don't know if i'll make it to the theatre to see it or not- but i will see it at some point.

Mel Gibson is a great producer/director more than he is an actor IMO.

Pope Approved, mother tested :D

not going to go see it.

i prefer action packed movies like 2fast2furious, or torque. :roll:

well not really. im just not interested. if the girlie wants to go i guess i could tag along.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Feb 25 2004, 09:44 PM

I heard it isnt accurate but its only a vision of what Mel thinks what happen through his knowledge of the story. Im not religious but I know what happened more than most people. Im prolly gonna see the movie cause like B, im a film buff.

oh and some lady named Peggy Lee died of a heart attack during a screening of this movie. she was a news caster for Witchata News. I saw this in the news

all I kn ow is my mom thinks it's pretty damn accurate and she's a bible thumper. I won't/can't/don't want to argue with her about anything religious.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 26 2004, 10:02 AM
all I kn ow is my mom thinks it's pretty damn accurate and she's a bible thumper. I won't/can't/don't want to argue with her about anything religious.

I think that what you can say is the this movie follows the events that were described in the Bible very closely. No frills. Very raw with no interjected Hollywood warm and fuzzy moments. More along the lines of the Black Hawk Down movie. Mel Gibson didn't pull any punches with the violence in Braveheart.

As I understand it, there are several versions of the Bible. It has gone through significant changes over the centuries. Christianity is not a static religion. All along there have been religious scholars studying the word of your god and the others. While I am not religious, I enjoy discussions with theology students, they are thoughtful and have a sense of humor. Who I don't care for are those who read the Bible or whatever scriptures of their faith and just accept what is written, word for word. That isn't good healthy "faith" imo. There's a funny weekly radio show hosted by a rabbi, a priest and a reverend. They hold spirited conversations and find the common ground between their faiths. If there is a god, he would just want everyone to be good people living in harmony. He wouldn't be all petty and judgmental.

Sometimes it's good for all of us to take a look at a historical timeline... just to get some perspective on life and everything. If you don't believe in evolution, then skip over the dinosaurs. But there have been so many cultures on this planet before us. We are such a tiny mote in the big scheme of things.... although I think we have it the best so far. I hope we don't fuck things up permanently with the environment through pollution or war. :eek: :(

I almost called Mancow this morning on the way to work to talk to him on the radio about this...

So many parents keep their kids away (or try to anyway) from any kind of violence.. viloent video games, tv shows, movies, etc. Then they rush and send their kids off to see this movie, which is basically a murder movie... Are the parents admitting that it's not violence that's bad, but the context it's portrayed in?

I'm worried about that one hardline christian republican right wing family that blocks absolutely everything bad from their kid, then makes him watch this movie... Hope he dosen't snap... :blink:

Well I saw it last night and I all i had to say is wow. I believe this movie will change peoples lives. And darkhand this movie isn't like the violence that is in video games and on tv. This is the account of what they acctually did to Jesus. Its not ment to be another murder movie, they made it to show people what this one "man" went through out of love for the very same people that nailed him to the cross.

Originally posted by yoshi@Feb 26 2004, 04:08 PM
Its not ment to be another murder movie, they made it to show people what this one "man" went through out of love for the very same people that nailed him to the cross.

Of course its not meant to be a murder movie, but violence is violence right? I just think it's really hypocritical for parents to block their kids from one form of violence only to show them another. And not just this movie, movies like Shindlers List, or any other similar movie. There's no 'good violence' or 'bad violence', and parents shouldn't be blocking one type while encouraging another.

I'm not really upset with the movie, I'm upset with the parents who shelter their kids from violence but encourage them to see this movie.

Back