password jdm cf intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

im workin on puting a b16 in my crx si. getting b16a1 88-91 year. so if i was to purchase a pssword jdm carbon fiber intake, what vehicle would i get it for. i got the cost, but it said to order for ek, eg, and stuff like that. my engine would be under what vehicle? appreciate the help.

only other option would be a da but i dont think they make it for that either. that intake actually loses power compared to some of the other ones on the market. go with aem or hell even iceman if its still around.

Quoted post[/post]]
only other option would be a da but i dont think they make it for that either. that intake actually loses power compared to some of the other ones on the market. go with aem or hell even iceman if its still around.
where exactly did you hear that it loses power....?!?! over a stock intake...NO WAY ...over a V2 yea... but hey its good if you dont wanna go witha CAI ... and carbon fiber is always a plus, and i could imagine that the acoustics on that are great

carbon fiber over plastic...no real weight loss there...not ALWAYS better...might look better, but thats a matter of opinion. I think the V2 is sexy as hell.

i never said it would weight less.. it just looks 10x better than plastic or aluminum...i have planned to get one...just gotta pay some bills first

Quoted post[/post]]
carbon fiber over plastic...no real weight loss there...not ALWAYS better...might look better, but thats a matter of opinion. I think the V2 is sexy as hell.
What's sexier than a carbon fiber whale penis?
866.jpg

it gains 6 hp and 7 tq on the dyno. How is that worse than other intakes? Other than maybe the V2, as someone else said. But a basic AEM CAI only gained 5 to 6 hp on the dyno for a 170 hp GSR with H/E mods. That's pretty much exactly the same as the PW JDM intake. Without the risk of losing your engine to hydro lock. And for about $100 less than a AEM CAI. And it looks way cooler. As swanny said, "What's not sexy about a carbon fiber whale penis?" Never were truer (or funnier) words said. Also, that fatter midsection gives it a nice low end growl, more so than a 3" tube, or so I've heard from those who have one. I'm goin with this intake when I have the extra cash. I fricking love it.

go read actual dyno tests on honda-tech then come back here. just because its cf and looks cool doesnt mean shit.

your an idiot go try to "own" someone that hasnt been involved with hondas for 10 yrs. yeah im sure password jdm is going to say hey this intake doesnt make power but you should buy it anyway. read my post again:
"go read actual dyno tests on honda-tech then come back here. just because its cf and looks cool doesnt mean shit."

dynos can have several variables but with the things you post on this site you may not have knowledge of any of those variables.

maybe you should go buy a pepboys intake that claims 20 hp to go with your pep boys shift knob.

Quoted post[/post]]
your an idiot go try to "own" someone that hasnt been involved with hondas for 10 yrs. yeah im sure password jdm is going to say hey this intake doesnt make power but you should buy it anyway. read my post again:
"go read actual dyno tests on honda-tech then come back here. just because its cf and looks cool doesnt mean shit."

Ohhhhh....so Honda-tech.com is the bible of dynos eh? Ok then, here's some shit from your Honda-tech.com with dynos. For the whole thread click here. The first dyno shows the AEM 3" CAI making more hp than the J's short ram intake (same intake as the PW JDM intake):

f4aff618.jpg

However this 2nd dyno shows the J's short ram, making more hp than the AEM on another car:

dyno.jpg

And now a third dyno graph shows the AEM making more hp than the J's:

wMTAyODczNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

And that's the extent of the dynos I found on Honda-tech.com. 2 for AEM, 1 for J's (PW JDM is the same intake) Inconclusive I'd say. Especially since the first dyno was on 2 DIFFERENT CARS. What kind of comparison is that? I don't care if they both have the same type of motor in them, no 2 cars are the same. I have been following the import scene rabidly for about 4 years now, and devour every tech article I can find regarding bolt on performance parts, and have NEVER seen a dyno that shows any CAI of any brand (including AEM) make more than 7 hp on a 1.6 or 1.8L VTECH motor with headers and exhaust. Not one.

In fact as a perfect example, read the current issue of Turbo magazine. They have a nice article in there that should inform your "I've been playing with Honda's for ten years now" ass about what a AEM intake does for a B18C1 motor with headers and exhaust. 5 to 6 horsepower. Whoopdee fricking doo.

Oh wait, here's another independent dyno test of an overpriced AEM V2 on a B16A: check out how much it sucked--

Click

"2-5 HP gain above 4000RPMs" "Loss of torque and horsepower below 4000RPMs"

And finally, to add insult to injury, the $300+ V2 is not an actual CAI? It's actually a warm-air intake? Hmm. So they charge more for an intake that doesn't even have the benefit of a cold air charge, and doesn't even gain as much power on a dyno as the regular AEM CAIs. Even the guys in that post on HT verified that in the body of one of the posts. So like I've said time and again: AEM intakes are a waste of money until someone can prove definitively otherwise. Not to mention the risk of hydrolocking your engine when you suck some rainwater into your engine. Those dynos from HT contradicted each other, especially the first one comparing two different cars. No two cars, even the same model and year, are exactly the same. If they had at least spent the time to do the short ram first, dynoed it, then installed the CAI and dynoed that one on the same car, then it would have been a legitimate comparison. Otherwise it proves nothing.

Quoted post[/post]]
maybe you should go buy a pepboys intake that claims 20 hp to go with your pep boys shift knob.

That's pretty funny, because I've never seen an intake anywhere but AEM claiming that ridiculous number, and also never seen a dyno to back up their claim of 20whp gain on a K20A with their V2 intake. I'm not saying they're not making it up, but again, never seen proof.

And I love my new shift knob, whether you give a shit or not. I could not care less. "Interior, Exterior, Cosmetics"... Hmm. What could those words mean? Maybe posts about cosmetic or aesthetic upgrades to your car? Nooo couldn't be! :cool:

5-6 whp is a big deal when your going with an all motor setup trust me. I didnt say anything about the v2 aem intake, I was reffering to the older model which you can add a piece to minimize the chance of hydrolock. personally I use a comptech filter inside of a stock integra airbox on my eg which "I" believe is the best street setup you can have.

Yes honda-tech has so many people accross the world they are an excellent place to look for dynos.

VTECH motor with headers
vtech is a phone, vtec motors have a header as in 1 (minus the nsx).

and late model accords

oh, CLs, TLs and Legends too...if you count acura as honda...

You know what...while im at it, how bout I add something to this post....JUST BUY A NEW FUCKING AIR FILTER. MODIFYING A HONDA INTAKE IS JUST A WASTE OF FUCKING MONEY!!!!!

We are not talking about a Nissan or a Mazda here. Honda actually tests most of their products for maximum performance. Yes the exhaust is restrictive, but you wont make more than 15HP from exhaust. From what i hear (and still have trouble believing) 5.0s get a 25 hp boost from just an X pipe....crazy isnt it.

Now look. If you like a giant whale penis of a carbon fiber intake under your hood...then buy it. If you like the AEM CARB exemption or the AEM name...buy the V2 or the CAI. Either way...if you get more than 5-7 horses your pretty lucky.

[/rant]

Quoted post[/post]]
VTECH motor with headers
vtech is a phone, vtec motors have a header as in 1 (minus the nsx).

OMG PWND! :confused: stupid typos

Quoted post[/post]]
personally I use a comptech filter inside of a stock integra airbox on my eg which "I" believe is the best street setup you can have.

I wonder if you put a 3" i.d. pipe between your stock airbox and your t.b. if you wouldn't gain more power? I've heard of this being done, and gains claimed, but have never seen them on a dyno. I thought about getting a K&N drop in filter for mine and just using the generic 3" pipe with some slight modification to the opening in the stock airbox. Don't know which would be better yet though.

my crx curently has a k&n drop in in the stock box with generic 3" pipe. works ok, but im going to a cone filter setup with velocity stack underneath. will work tons better. a cone filter will have more surface area the a drop in flat filter.

i have a similar setup as the comptech icebox which they have dynos of as well but they list the gains at 19hp and 13 trq on a gsr. those seem kind of high but i figure that honda spent a lot of time designing the integra's airbox with a cone style filter in it stock.

Back