Pay Stub: Risk of id theft or anything else

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IceBolt

Hey,

so there's a guy from where we used to work, and he's fighting a case about not getting a bonus that i got. He wants to photocopy my pay stub and i'm just wondering if there's anything that can be taken from my pay stub?
sides my sin.

aside from all that crap, what you are about to do is HIGHLY illegal.

it is illegal to discuss your pay with fellow employees who are not your direct management.

I wouldn't give him shit without a court order to do so.

Sorry bud. You didn't get a bonus? Fuckin work harder.

He has no right to your personal information anyway, and that's exactly what wages are - personal information.

we both quit, but we're not getting paid correctly...

and we're in Canada, does canada have that law?

Quoted post[/post]]
I wouldn't give him shit without a court order to do so.

Sorry bud. You didn't get a bonus? Fuckin work harder.

He has no right to your personal information anyway, and that's exactly what wages are - personal information.

i know, i dont feel comfortable giving it to him to photocopy, but he's kind of my buddy, though i don't know him that well...

it was a signing bonus, stating that if you work that a certain period of 3 months, you'll get x amount of money. not how hard he works.

Consult a paralegal.. they charge u alot less than a lawyer and they do the job 2 x as fast...

And yes it is against company policy but i dont think it is illegal.. as in u go to jail.. but u can be sued and fined.. etc...

If you quit and then showed it to him then i think thats fine
but while during working there i think its a conflict of interest.. or something..

well thats your contract not his..

u dont want to have to deal with the company sueing u because of him

Oh. Still, I wouldn't give him anything. Especially if he's not someone you know really, REALLY well. Besides, if the evidence becomes relevent to the case, his lawyer can subpoena your ex-employer for that information.

cool, i told him i didn't feel comfortable but he can use my name and they can verify that i got paid.

thanks guys, you guys were really fast on the reply.

he wanted to meet me today in like 2 hrs.

he's going to be pissed. :eek:

why don;t you just make the copy blacking everything out, and then give it to him

Quoted post[/post]]
aside from all that crap, what you are about to do is HIGHLY illegal.

it is illegal to discuss your pay with fellow employees who are not your direct management.

huh? If that's true nationwide then we were always breaking the law at Ingram.

I figured it was just common courtesy to not discuss compesation/pay rate with a fellow employee.

Anyway, if you really want to help him do it, black out everything that isn't necessary to him proving the point.

Name, pay rate, compesation amount, SSN, etc.

Back