pay with paper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i call :bs:

who accepts 4500 in cash and doesn't count it?
especially considering he'd need 45 bills and handed the guy less than 10

Check out his bit where he asks people for their wallet. They go back to approach him on it, he asks them for their keys and something else - THEY GIVE IT. Then he says "Ok, no go down there" and he points down the road and they walk away.

This guy is AWESOME

i don't think he is actually a mind control guru. he just takes advantage of lazy, stupid people. he's a con man. kinda cool though.

Yeah some of the stuff he does is cool... I seen him take someones wallet keys and cell phone twice, and the guy didnt even realize it

Completely true and believable. Derren Brown uses Neuro-linguistic programming to affect those types of changes in people on the show, not mind control. It's really interesting, my brother and I have been studying it as a hobby for about a year now. It all has to do with the way your senses interpret the world, and how strongly communication with other people is tied into that perception, into thought, even consciousness itself.

One thing that even Derren Brown admits is that different people are affected differently by it. Some people are incredibly susceptible while it just doesn't seem to work at all on other people. Many of his best NLP scenes take dozens of takes to find someone who is fully susceptible.

Youtube has many more incredible examples of NLP at work, most are from Derren's shows, but there are others. Search for NLP or just Derren Brown and you'll find some awesome stuff.

EDIT: Went looking and found some of my favorites:

Affect a seemingly random choice:
YouTube - Derren Brown NLP

This poor guy thinks he's actually in an arcade game:
YouTube - derren brown zombie

Induce drunkenness without alcohol:
YouTube - Derren Brown Simulating Drunkeness

Get a winning payout at the dog track with a losing ticket:
YouTube - Derren Brown at the Dog Track

Here's one that explains the techniques Derren uses in the dogtrack video:
YouTube - Derren Brown at the Dog Track (explained)

Last edited:
i would pay someone to do the drunken thing with me. that would be great. do that on the weekends and save money. no dui's or anything. awesome.

Back