"paying your dues" rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I have been living in atlanta for five months now on friends couches and hotels, working two jobs for an average of 100 hours a week. One job is an internship at a studio and I dont get paid, the other job just drains me of my will to live. I have been trying to find a house in the few spare minutes a week that I have and it has been rough. I finally found a house that was ready to go, so I went down to savannah this past week to pack up the house and move. On friday the 29th I get a call from the person I was supposed to be renting from and they proceed to tell me that the current tenant has decided to stay an extra two months. What the fuck! I have a uhaul half loaded, a lease that is up, and no where to move all my shit. On top of that I have a dog and three cats. So now me, my gf, my dog, and my cats are all homeless. I have now spent a months worth of rent on a wasted move, a storage unit and hotels, and I still have to find another place to live. I sure hope that "paying your dues" has a good return because this sux.

Sounds rough man. All you can do is endure, and keep positive thoughts in your head.

do you have a signed lease agreement with start dates? if so, you have a case for legal action to recoup your expenses.

No I was going to sign the lease when I got back from Savannah. I got my deposit back and my app. fee, so I didnt loose any money there. I will endure and I will come out on top, I just wish it was not so hard. I just want a garage so I can get back to work on the car.

why not rent out a studio with a monthly lease instead of a house for now?

atlanta is stupid cheap to live in. god i would LOVE to move there, but life decisions have changed things.

I have pets, a big dog, and two cats so its hard to find a place.

get rid of the animals and any other "strings" that hold you down. sell whatever you don't need. buy an old uhaul or a van if you can afford it.

good luck.

I was almost in the same boat two years ago when my lease was expiring, I'd put my bid on my house and some other people had put in a higher bid so it looked like I wasn't getting it.

My roommate had already moved half his shit out before the end of our lease.

Youre right family does come first, and I could never get rid of my pets they are part of my family. We have friends and family in the area so its not like I will ever have to live on the street.

as much of a commie as that one ass is, he's right. You're fucking 20. You haven't been through a damn thing other than a high school graduation.

shit.... he doesn't even have a bank account....

you're barely 20. shut up.
i know its very common..but you have no clue what ive dealt with in my life..
i know your probably kidding but..its the truth.ive gone through alot of shit already in my 20 and have learned to deal with it..i know alot more is coming as well
as much of a commie as that one ass is, he's right. You're fucking 20. You haven't been through a damn thing other than a high school graduation.
lol i didnt even walk at my graduation(which i barely graduated as it is)

shit.... he doesn't even have a bank account....
exactly!!!!!

It is kinda sad that you are willing to just "deal with it". I have been through a lot of shit as well, I have ten years on you, and I would never just sit back and deal with it. I know my situation sux but I will figure it out and be ok. You should always work hard to get ahead and make things better.

i wasnt trying to make this thread about me..my bad wiked..
i just thought id throw in my .02..
srry for sounding like a dick as well..
i dunno..basically make the best out of the situation your in..it wont always be a pain in the dick

I am not saying that you were making it about you. I just think that you should find the good in your life and focus on that rather than saying that life sux and you are just used to it now. Somethings in life do suck, but those things are just a small part of life. This hell that I am going through will be over soon and then I will be good to go again, just like anything going on in your life will eventually work out and what ever is bad will get better or go away. You are too young to have such a negative attitude. If nothing good happens to you by the time you are 70 then you can say life sux.

Update: I have an application in on another house right now that is actually significantly better than the other house, so maybe this is the way it was supposed to happen.

Back