paypal spam/phishing email

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
i was gonna post this in computers, but this forum gets more traffic.

i just got this email, i was immediately skeptical when they email instructed me to log into paypal rather than contacting them. first thought was phishing, a look at the link confirmed it and the link took you to a different website than the link in the email and firefox :)wub:) immediately flagged it as web forgery.

the title was "Your Paypal account could me suspended!" but other eye catching titles are more than likely as well.

be careful.

Attachments

• spam.jpg
    spam.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 81
i get ones that say my account has been flagged.. it has a link to click.. but you could click anywhere on the email and it'd take you there, so it was a picture.. the address was paypaI.com.. or something like that..

Last edited:
it's really simple... NEVER CLICK A LINK IN EMAIL.

if you think it might be real, pop open a new browser window manually, and manually type in paypal.com

my dad is retarded. he's like the old man who gets the flaming poo on his porch. 134543512345 times later, he still stomps on it.

he gets the pop ups that say, "a virus has been detected, do you want to run a security scan?" he still fucking clicks yes. i told him not to. now he clicks "no". i said to him, "you fucking retard, don't click anything, just close the window. that whole thing is the virus and program."

his reply. "thats fucking stupid, it should be illegal".

the last line should have given it away, "do not reply etc..." paypal doesn't say that and they do monitor there emails..

PayPal has been having serious issues in the past couple years. Especially with their money transfers. I've seen people with the "PayPal Verified" logo on eBay, and I've seen many with the "PayPal Terrified" logo as well. I use PayPal and haven't had any issues with them yet, thankfully.

Back