pc crashed hardcore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
my pc took a massive shit on me so i had to buy a new one. when i went to boot the pc up, it came up with the system file was corrupted and stupid me didnt have a backup. SO my question is, if i take and hook up that hd to my new machine as a slave, will i be able to get my files off of it? or am i just screwed?

You may be able to, but don't count on it. Try it out, if you can't access it due to some kind of corruption, I have a program I can get to you that recovers data lost on damaged HDs. It rocks, used it my self recovered 100% of my pics, movies, music.

you bought a whole new computer cuz your hard drive got corrupted?

bling bling y0

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 21 2005, 01:16 AM
You may be able to, but don't count on it. Try it out, if you can't access it due to some kind of corruption, I have a program I can get to you that recovers data lost on damaged HDs. It rocks, used it my self recovered 100% of my pics, movies, music.
[post=489496]Quoted post[/post]​

What program is it? i'd like to try that on a few of my old HD's.

Try using a Linux live CD and mounting the drive that way. I've mounted supposedly toasted drives and retrieved data that way.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 22 2005, 04:21 AM
Try using a Linux live CD and mounting the drive that way. I've mounted supposedly toasted drives and retrieved data that way.
[post=489851]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip that too, got my back up Knoppix 3.7 for just that reason. It's funny the live DVDs are the only Linux distributions I can get to run on my computer, I guess my hardware isn't really fully supported yet in full distros.

You can DL the Suse live dvd or cd...http://www.novell.com/products/linuxprofes...ads/suse_linux/

Or run up to a bookstore and pick up this months Linuxuser, it has the Knoppix liveDVD.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 21 2005, 01:16 AM
[post=489496]Quoted post[/post]​

can you send me this program or tell me where and what it is so can d/l it? i need to get some stuff off that old hd of mine. thanks dood!!

Back