PC Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I have recently noticed in Windows Task Manager a file by the name of WUSB54GSC.exe will cause my CPU usgae to go from 2% to 46% to 90%, back to 0% then 2%. Does anyone know anything about this exe. file? I just reformatted my PC and it is still on there. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I am on a connection wirelessly through a USB connector, but should the CPU usage be fluctuating so much?

well, my PC does sometimes automatically restart out of nowhere. It also will just shut down when I tell it to restart. I don't know if these have a connection with one another. It is not a heat issue, I have temp gauges and alwasy check them. it is also not a power supply or memory issue. I have checked both with a power supply tester and memtest.

It could be that you need to update your driver for the USB Wifi. My friend had a PCI G-adapter and it was loading his CPU. After we removed it and obtained the updated drivers, it was fine again.

Put up your specs and we'll see from here.

Nvidia GeForce 6800 Xtreme Graphics card, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, Nvidia GeForce 6100-M7 Biostar mainboard, all PCI Express

Is that what you're looking for?

What kind of power supply do you have? Thats a pretty beefy video card because the minimum is 450 watts. What about overclocking? That also adds to the stress of the system.

Also, did u try finding new drivers for the USB wifi?

I have a 500 watt power supply and I have not overclocked my PC. I figured out the USB thing, I just uninstalled mine and re-installed what my brother was using and it worked. Thanks for the help, but I sure wish I could figure out why my PC just randomly restarts for no reason, even in the middle of the night when no one is on it.

Back