1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc Speakers

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by YouKnowWhoIBee, Sep 26, 2004.

1. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I researched pc speakers for a while. I have a laptop so i cant have anything big. So i decided on a 2.1 system. And i went to many stores and wasnt impressed with much in my price range. Which was about 100 -110 dollars. Then i went to best buy and listened to all there 2.1 systems and i found this one,
    [​IMG]
    It is the Creative Labs I-Trigue 2.1 Speaker System 3300 series. Its nothing to big and i walked out the door with them for a little under 100 dollars. I installed them and within 5 minutes i was impressed. I think this is a great system for the money. Atleast for a laptop. The bass isnt overpowering if it is on like a medium setting but when you turn it up it sounds just as good as my one 10 rockford sub that used to be in my car. It is a very good quality sound and i would recommend them to anyone who has a budget for pc sound. I just figured id share my reveiw of the product for anyone in the market for some pc speakers.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Nice. The Logitech 340Z series (340 something) is a good small 2.1 system that only runs about $35, and it sounds decent too.

3. Guy

Guy Senior Member

I cant say about the 2.1 but i just snagged logitec's x620 6.1 and ive been very pleased with it.

4. phunky.buddha

Yup, good cheap speakers.

5. YouKnowWhoIBee

I was thinking about getting a 5.1 but the i have a small room and a laptop so i didnt think i needed that much but i thought i needed to get an upgraded sound card to support the 5.1 because if you didnt it would just have 2 different sounds in 5 speakers just like a normal 2 speaker set up. just louder i guess. But yeah that set from logitech is definatly a good buy right around a 100 dollars also.

6. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

I have the JBL creatures, I got them for about $80 to my door, and they are awesome. Plus they match my computer. :)
    [​IMG]

7. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

For my labtop, I hooked up my stero system to it. 4 channel, multi amp 200 or so watts. Simple RCA speaker cables. If you have that option, its great. It has worked extremly well in my dorm room

8. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

9. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

This is my setup:
    [​IMG]
    Logitech Z640 5.1 70watt RMS. Only cost me $50 with my employee discount. I love them. Not super overpowering, but they're clear and crisp at any volume. And the color scheme matches my logitech elite duo wireless keyboard and mouse, my silver and black monitor, and the case. and this was all a coincidence that everything matches, too.
    i'm running a sound blaster audigy ls 2 24bit sound card so i have real surround sound.
    sound blaster has a usb 5.1 sound card so people with laptops can enjoy surround sound, too. you should've checked it out. it would've been about $140 total.

10. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

ive got boston acoustics 2.1 system. cant remember the number... ive had it for over a year and its amazing still.

11. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

For a few dollars more you can get the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system:

[​IMG]

Best. Speakers. Evar.

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

im hooked into my Onkyo receiver and infinity 5.1 :D

13. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

i got an old Altec Lansing speaker system that has 2 satellite speakers and subwoofer. it aint bad sounding but i wanna get a good system.

14. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I have an old Altec Lansing system that's 2 satellites and a sub that are supposed to "simulate" surround sound, but it works like crap. The sub is the biggest sub I've ever seen in a pc speaker system though, so that's why I keep it. The enclosure has got to be a little over a foot wide, about a foot and a half long, and about 6" deep. it's a monstrous enclosure for a small amp and only an 8" sub...

And where do you get those JBLs?

15. YouKnowWhoIBee

These were also in best buy but sounded like garbage (in the store atleast) and they were 30 dollars more.
    [​IMG] But i didnt knowabout the usb sound card. That wouldnt interfer with my dell soundblaster card?

16. phunky.buddha

No, because only one sound card would be feeding the speakers.

17. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I got a pair of these to burp Vanilla Ice like it's ladies night while I play Everquest.

[​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted