PC to MAC....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
so my boss made me swap from my blackberry to an iphone as everyone knows. now he wants me to move to a mac. i'm going to try to dualboot osx leopard / snow leopard instead.....

The ultimate OSX on PC guide

anyone have any other ideas?

But Macs never break!!!!!

Are you going to be doing hardware stuff or strictly software? If your doing just the software side I dont see why dual booting it would be a problem at all.

about 75% software. most of our client MACs have applecare on them for hardware ;)

if you dont want to give up windows you have a couple of options:

1) if your current pc hardware supports it, you can try running a hackintosh. its very pick about hardware and no official support, sort of like a linux distro.

2) get a mac and dual boot windows 7 with boot camp. probably the better way if you can afford the extra money for a fancy sticker because of native support.

Boot Camp just started support Win. 7 like three days ago or something. So I would give it a little bit of time to make sure there are no serious bugs if you want to go that route.

Mac FTW, i have owned plenty of PC's and my Mac (which happens to be my first one as well) is awesome and its about 9 years old and runs like a champ. Out dated yes but it has OSX 10.5.8 and lots of ram and 2 HDs. The learning curve is small, only took me a week or 2 for the basics. OSX kills windows in all ways that i know. No wizards, no viruses, no drivers, they invented user friendly. Also the programs are much more fun and creative and sometimes even witty. Safari is much better than the other net browsers too.

My friends tell me i should be the new Mac guy and replace Justin Long... with another Justin lol, cause my solution to a PC related problem is to buy a Mac.

Also everytime i see the new Windows 7 commercials i laugh because every "new" feature they have, OSX has already had for some time now.

Last edited:
Mac FTW, i have owned plenty of PC's and my Mac (which happens to be my first one as well) is awesome and its about 9 years old and runs like a champ. Out dated yes but it has OSX 10.5.8 and lots of ram and 2 HDs. The learning curve is small, only took me a week or 2 for the basics. OSX kills windows in all ways that i know. No wizards, no viruses, no drivers, they invented user friendly. Also the programs are much more fun and creative and sometimes even witty. Safari is much better than the other net browsers too.

My friends tell me i should be the new Mac guy and replace Justin Long... with another Justin lol, cause my solution to a PC related problem is to buy a Mac.

Also everytime i see the new Windows 7 commercials i laugh because every "new" feature they have, OSX has already had for some time now.

holy crap are you full of fud. i dont even know where to start nor do i want to start a flamewar, but you are clearly a mis-educated mac fanboy.

:werd:

Easier to control all the drivers when you lock down all the hardware and only allow people to run specific parts- not saying it's a bad thing, but that's part of what makes Apple products work. It's also why Macs are so damn expensive.

The last couple of Pwn2Own comps in Vancouver have been Macs getting cracked first. The only reason virus's are not rampant on Macs is because they have 10 percent of the market. Virus makers are out to make money one way or another and spending you time and energy on something that has control of 10 percent of the market is not the way to go about making money. Lord Jobs would love the to have the option of selling you 'iWipe AV' at 65.95 but sadly they are not to that level of penetration yet. I mean they charged people for a service pack (Snow Leopard)

holy crap are you full of fud. i dont even know where to start nor do i want to start a flamewar, but you are clearly a mis-educated mac fanboy.

?

Im only stating what i have noticed with my 2 years with this thing. Im not a newb by any means. I may not be a computer wiz or anything but i have yet to have a problem with it and its much easier to use than any Windows based system with fewer bugs. I happen to like the programs better too. Also with the newer macs you can run half of windows on it anyway.

Last edited:
ohhh macs do break. my intel macbook pro's left fan stopped working, therefore making it overheat and making my graphics card tweak out.

Well its still a computer....

Before i got this Mac it was being used at printshop as a prepress computer for 7 years, it ran non stop all day everyday and it hasent broken down once. I only had one issue with some crappy RAM, OSX 10.5 had trouble installing because its much more RAM intensive, didnt take long to figure out though.

Last edited:
Back