PC to MAC....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Safari? It must not take much to impress you other then having a solid computer. I can build you a basic pc that will run forever with zero issues if I dumb it down enough. Just look at my netbook pc, it's running ubuntu and I couldn't be happier! I'm about to install it on my wifes mac since the mac OS is over kill and slow VS ubuntu for basic day to day use.

For the record you're the first person I know that doesn't run firefox on the mac. Even my wife who isn't into computers was running firefox on her mac before we met.

Safari > all? sure thing buddy! lol

Yeah.... even my sisters in law run Firefox on their Macbooks- and they are FAR from computer people.

I just enjoy my mac is all, but i suppose ill back out now lol. Basics vs basics i prefer mac. Most PC's i know are garbage, i realize a person can MAKE a PC awesome though.

I just enjoy my mac is all, but i suppose ill back out now lol. Basics vs basics i prefer mac. Most PC's i know are garbage, i realize a person can MAKE a PC awesome though.

You just got crap from us because you talked out your ass like a normal mac fan.

Again most PCs are garbage? Care to explain?

The Air hack is what I was talking about when I mentioned Pwn 2 Own. I too do not understand the PC's are garbage either.

The Air hack is what I was talking about when I mentioned Pwn 2 Own. I too do not understand the PC's are garbage either.

If you owned a mac you'd understand. Same goes for iphone users, every other phone is junk if you own an iphone.

MACS FTW.... ever since i changed ive not had any problems. i went from going crazy having to re format every 4 months to flawless operation

my whole problem with macs are the people that use them. I want to pee on every car i see with an apple sticker on it. I dont have a windows or linux sticker on my car. its a computer you use, not a club. get over yourself. they are the worse people to troubleshoot with too. "i dont have to reboot, its a mac!" blech

I know, its seems to kinda take over you, i will admit i get a little cocky with it. For that i apologize, got too excited. Most Mac bashers that I know have never used a Mac, and most people who atleast play around with it tend to stick with it. Im just stating my opinion, as blunt and one sided as it may be.

honestly if you have to reformat your windows machine every 4 months i dont think windows is the problem.

anyways, just so you kids know, i am ACMT... so i DO know the pros/cons bests/worsts of macs/windows and i just dont want one.

after work today im going to try the above link i posted and let you guys know how it turns out. thanks for the help :p

turbo, i did a little research, as you may have, and with the hackintosh you are planning, its a hit or miss with which hardware it will work on. it seems it works best with intel P35,45 and 975 best with nvidia video cards 8-series or higher.

i browsed through this:
The Hackintosh 101 Thread - AnandTech Forums

and through the links and it was really helpful. i did a google on my setup:

-dfi ultra d with nforce 4
-amd x2 4200
-9600gso

and it seems like its takes too much to get it running for more than 2 hours with a required reboot. so hopefully, you have an intel machine and itll work better.

as far as mac's are concerned, yes it is a good OS, but just the mac fanboys buy into everything Lord Job shits out. if he said human feces are good fertilizers, theyd go out and shit all over their lawns to lessen their carbon foot prints.

but i may cross over to the dark side as well :ph34r:. my gf is obsessed with the macbook because of the design and i will agree, their design dept is top notch. so ill probably end up picking one up for her once they release the i-series on it.

Safari? It must not take much to impress you other then having a solid computer. I can build you a basic pc that will run forever with zero issues if I dumb it down enough. Just look at my netbook pc, it's running ubuntu and I couldn't be happier! I'm about to install it on my wifes mac since the mac OS is over kill and slow VS ubuntu for basic day to day use.

For the record you're the first person I know that doesn't run firefox on the mac. Even my wife who isn't into computers was running firefox on her mac before we met.

Safari > all? sure thing buddy! lol

Id advise against ubuntu on a mac if you value your battery. they've still got some issues in that department.

i think anandtech and tomshardware did an OS comparison on various machines concering battery life not to long ago.

anyway, turbo i forgot to mention that apparently the dell mini's are really easy and compatible with hackintosh. and since youll be using it to troubleshoot, dont need that fast of a system? but it would be easier to dualboot and carry one system. just some additional info i guess.

lastly, can a mac run crysis? :p

who knows? i need some power because i like to play games. right now dirt2 runs full speed on my 17" probook 4710s at 1600x1200 ? resolution. and i wont ever buy dell anything, tyvm :)

my probook doesnt like leopard at all. no support whatsoever, cannot even boot the install DVD. imaged it to a thumbdrive according to instructions, kernel panics. im back in 7 now. ah well.

priced up a $3K 15in MBPro... lets see what the boss says.

did you try other "distros?" there seems to be quite a bit of flavors out there and just because one OSX doesnt work, the rest wont and vice versa; or so says the wiki.

wow, Dirt2 runs on an ati 4330??? i havent even boot up my main rig in a while so i havent been playing pc games in a while.

i just used my retail DVDs of leopard and snow leopard. i havent tried any other distros.

yeah it runs. ive got 4gb ram and a 7200rpm hdd. im also using an ISO and crack to play ;)

Back