PCV system help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guy

So i failed the emissions portion of my smog, and in looking for problems I noticed that after i had my intake manifold (skunk 2 onto a b16a, obd0) installed, they did not hook up the pcv system. Being that I am not farmilliar and my manual sucks I was hoping to get a bit of clarification as to how to remedy my problem. As I understand it a tube runs out of a box on the rear of the engine to a pcv valve that fits into the hole on the intake manifold. A tube runs from the other side of the valve to the intake manifold itself. Here is where I get confused. The box on the back of the motor has two holes in it, one of which is currently open. The other hole has a rubber deal to which the a tube is connected and looks to be connected, on the other end, to the block itself, but visibility is low so i cant for sure tell that it is connected to anything. So I'm at a loss as to where to start with regards to this. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

cool, thats what i was thinking. so the next question is where do i snag the thing that extends out from the box that i can fit the tube around?

the hoses that go from the block to the box and from the box to the pvc have to be bought at the dealer because they are specialy formed

Great, thanks for the info. Im told that not running with the pcv system is in part why my car is running kind of rough, so hopefully this'll help. thanks again.

Back