PCV valve broke

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drunknm0nky

so i was trying to switch out my PCV valve...i have a 94 integra ls...non vtec...all i have to do is pull it out right?...no...it wouldn't come out...so i hooked something around the L shaped top of it...and the top part broke off...so then i took some pliers to it to try and pull it out...and the thing shatters...so now i have almost next to none of the top half...and the bottom half is still stuck inside...how do i get the valve out?

sorry...i think i posted this in the wrong forum...but please help if you can!!

man , i change those everyday, the plastic l shape is just a fitting for the hose. The PCV valve is metal, and if you wiggle it, it will come out of the valve cover, there should be a rubber thing around the edge of it to seal it with the valve cover. There is no way it can shatter because it is metal.

i can't really wiggle it out...cuz its like a severed bolt...the bottom half is stuck inside and i pretty much don't have anyway or getting it out...the whold top half of it was plastic because when i gripped it with the pliers...the whole thing shattered...can i take out the little square plastic piece that the valve fits into?

You mean the rubber part that ftis in the valve cover? if yes, then I'm not sure, it might come out. Try gripping the edge of the shattered part with some vise-grips and pulling. And, the actual PCV valve was plastic?

the little bit of edge that is still left is hard to grip...and it was because i was gripping that thing with pliers that it shattered in the first place...yep...the actualy valve...all of the parts that were showing...were plastic...the only part of it that is left is fitted inside the hole...can i disconnect the bottom hose and knock the valve out from the bottom?...will i be able to even disconnect it?

Back