pcv valve nuts after rebuild?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I just finished(sort of) rebuilding my d15b6 and its tapping like crazy. The noise reminds me most of the pcv valve, and im almost certain it is not the valves, because i have been over those several times to insure that they are right. (or close) is there anything that would be tapping constantly right after a rebuild? or is this another potential problem?

--a ZC is looking better every day, even after the 400$ ive spent already.....

replaced the main and rod bearings, piston rings (yes, cylinders honed), head gasket (of course) valve job, had head shaved due to warpage, deck was fine. thats all i can think of right now, took a while so I may have forgotten some things

The noise is coming from around the head area on the timing side. thats about as specific as it gets right now

ummm head shaved...valve hitting a piston? if its comming from the head i doubt it could be the bearings...but that might also be something.

the crankshaft and the like is the quietest part of the engine right now. the noise seems to be from no lower than the valve cover. my friend indicated he thought one noise was the fuel injectors. Ive also got some pretty choppy exhaust with an even idle.

Back