Pda People...

• Thread starter sisteve
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 680

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S

sisteve

Any of you use a PDA. I am in desperate need of one and have been looking at a few. I dont want to spend over 200 for it and I have been checking out some on Ebay but would prefer a new one.

So far I've looked at Palm m series

and Sony Clie's

The sony's brand new are more or less more than I want to spend. Any one know of a good cheap place to pick one up?

get the sony clie.
works great.
upgradeable memory, mp3, video, etc etc etc et al.

word of advice, make sure you buy a leather carrying case.
i dropped mine, cracked the screen, and they want 200.00 to fucking fix it.

almost as bad if you crack ur laptop screen. neither are under warranty.

i had the color one. its sitting around my desk right now because i didnt want to shell out 150 or so to fix the cracked screen.

i downloaded the "Bum Fights" movie when it first came out, converted it to a .mov? format, then uploaded it from my laptop to the
pda, and it looked just like a normal movie. little lag, but that is prob. because of the standard 16mb? of memory it came with.

other than that, i highly reccomend the sony clie pda. not to sound like a commercial or anything, but i think you will be pleased with it
if you buy it. i chiefly (sp?) used it for school and what not and it served it's purpose well. the only drawback to it is that there is no modem available for it. so if u want to get ur mail u gotta run it thru the cradle to ur computer and get ur messages that way.

how much did it run you? what model # are you referring too...

nice avatar btw ;)

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 2 2003, 12:39 PM
how much did it run you? what model # are you referring too...

nice avatar btw ;)

uhhhh i bought it..

august of last year.

ran me, 499.00.

model # peg-t665c sony clie

haha RAW ownz :D (and i know that was a snl pic)

<<edit>>

in hindsight, if you are going to shell out 300+ on a pda, make sure it has a modem. i dont know the application you are going
to use ur pda for, but im surgically attached to the internet and my email, so i wish i woulda gotten a model with a modem in it.

great for those boring lectures in class :lol:

i need mostly for contacts, email, schedules/meetings as well as games haha, i get bored at work sometimes :)

ya the sony clie games....

i guess the nice way to put it, would be to say that they give the commodore 64 games a run for their money :lol: :lol:

i didnt do much research into the palm format vs. the pocket pc's

but im thinking the pocket pc's might be the way to go in terms of what u can do on there vs. what u can't on the palm os.

good thing about palm os is that you can dl all ur apps off of kazaa.

Back