Peak Boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Guess this goes here, as it doesnt really address any tech...

Whos up on what happened to Peak Boost? I was just lookin for the site and came up with a bunch scam threads and what not, sayin they went under and took a lot of money from unfilled orders with em.

Hate to think a company with such a nice product would go out like that.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is either, but I've heard something is up with them too. I was on Club RSX the other day and there was a thread about refunds for anybody who had bought Peak Boost turbo kits... :shrug2:

Just did a little more reading. Basically it looks like dude was getting really far behind in his orders, like took people's money and literally had them waiting for a year with no turbo kit. For a little while he did rounds on the forums and tried to tell everybody that he would step it up and get everyone's shit done, but then he just dissapeared and his shop got listed for lease...

Damn. Worst way to go. Not being able to keep up with work because so many ppl like your product.

Damn. Worst way to go. Not being able to keep up with work because so many ppl like your product.

:werd:

Sounds like he's not handling it very well either. Upon further reading it looks like he shut off his phone and wiped out his website, MySpace, and FaceBook, and he declared bankruptcy, which I guess absolves him from a lot of the financial responsibilities. A lot of people are just going to get screwed out of 3-4 grand and never get any products. If people paid by credit they can try and dispute it with the card companies, but most of those companies have a 60 or 90 day window for disputes.

Also, he fucked a lot of vendors too. If you buy something through a vendor and the vendor has to order it, then the vendor takes your money and uses it to pay the producer. But if the producer doesn't deliver and the buyer successfully gets the credit card charges reversed, then the credit cards ask for the money back from the vendor, who has to eat that cost.

I don't know if anybody's actually heard from this guy lately, but he better be watching his back. Fair chance he could end up getting the shit beat out of him or worse...

Ya thats what Ive found. He shut down all contact, and most of the ppl that have been waiting for product, have been waiting so long that by the time they figured out what was goin on it was too late.

If he charged a credit card before an item shipped, HE committed credit card fraud and violated the credit card processors terms.
lawyer up if you got hose and know your rights.

i have a peakboost mani on my car. when i called about a year ago to ask him about fixing a weld that broke on the strap for my wastegate flange, he said itd take him months to get to it. he knew this was coming for quite some time. sucks that people got screwed out of money though.

If he charged a credit card before an item shipped, HE committed credit card fraud and violated the credit card processors terms.
lawyer up if you got hose and know your rights.
how many vendors do this though... A LOT. hell newegg even does this.

Sounds like B should know his rights... lol

maybe the laws are different state to state?

most places i buy from charge my card first then ship? the only time they dont charge first is if its insufficient stock. but then again, i only shop at 'trusted' sites.

It is a law of Visa, not state. Failure to comply can result in your company no longer being able to accept visa.

pretty sure mastercard, discover and amex all have similar rules in their card processor agreements.

I know that. I have been developing ecommerce sites for 12 years now. I don't need to know the inner workings of when the card actually gets charged. That is accountings job.

So a vendor is supposed to pull, pack, and ship a product before they get paid for it? That doesn't sound right, it sounds dumb.

Back