Pedel Mushy A Few Days After Bleeding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Thats basically it, I bleed the brakes and it feels good for a couple of days, but then gets mushy again, maybe I got a leak somewhere, anyone have any ideas???

Hmm, same problem I have.....Maybe I should replace that...

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 22 2004, 08:01 PM
master of slave cyl
[post=380426]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i hoping that wasn't it, the pedel holds pressure fine when you pump it up and hold it down, so how are the remanufactured ones? is this something that oem honda would be worth the extra $$$

Check the little bleeder nipples to make sure they are not leaking. When I had my calipers worked on, I had to replace the washers on the banjo bolts as well. If you pulled those off at all, check those too. Did you fully empty the master cylinder? Because if you did, it will also need to be bled.

no the MC was not empty, but I'll check the bleeders for leaks, rebuild kit eh? has anyone had good/bad luck with these? how much do they run?

are you running with brand new brake fluid?
cause old fluid could be your problem

also, does it get spongy ALL the time, or only during hard braking?

what kind of car with what brake setup?

"Did you fully empty the master cylinder? Because if you did, it will also need to be bled."

Question, How do you bleed the master cylinder???????

now im no genius but wouldnt a slow leak anywhere in the brake system do the same thing

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 23 2004, 08:44 AM

also, does it get spongy ALL the time, or only during hard braking?

what kind of car with what brake setup?
[post=380533]Quoted post[/post]​

no its gets spungy all the time, it will be real stiff for a couple of days then get spongy again, brake setup is 90-93 Teg brakes up front, with stock (91 CRX HF) hubs in the back, 98 EX booster and 15/16 MC, running stock lines on the regular fluid, everything was bleed properly, im still thinking its a leak, but i have not had time to check it out

Originally posted by CReX123@Aug 30 2004, 06:16 AM
How did you bleed the brakes?
[post=383629]Quoted post[/post]​

I did the traditional method, no quick auto bleeder or whatever its called, order was RL RR RF LF, its done correctly though, i just don't feel like writing the whole procedure out

You more than likely still have air in the system, possibly from the master cylinder getting some in it during bleeding, or air going back into the lines during bleeding. Usually when equipment fails, it's isn't intermitent, it's consistant.

Bench bleed the MC and rebleed the system. If that doesn't fix it, it's possible the piston seals are bad also, that's is, if you can find something somewhere else.

How much did that new MC cost you????? and will it bolt onto an 88 CRX HF????

Originally posted by CReX123@Aug 31 2004, 07:24 AM
How much did that new MC cost you????? and will it bolt onto an 88 CRX HF????
[post=384220]Quoted post[/post]​

If you mean me, I got the MC and booster off ebay for 7 dollars

Edit: forgot, no the MC will not fit without replaceing the booster, but a 15/16th from a 91 EX will

Back