penalty for having b20 swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

what happens if you get get pulled over and caught with a b20 under the hood of a civic??? do they send you to ref or just take the car away on the spot?? is there any fines they give you, someone told me it gets you a point on driving record...im from CA

i already told you they give you a ref ticket, thats it.. i've heard you can just pay the ticket and be on your way.. but not positive.. they dont take your car, well i've never heard of that being done in CA.. if you're caught street racing yes, not for a swap

thanks...
would i be able to just sell the car and avoid the ref and everything and just show the judge the bill of sale???

yeah ref tickets double each time or something like that. my friend got one for cam gears ( he had them on a b20 ). but yeah it starts off at like 300 something, then jumps to 600 ish, then the 3rd time it ssomething in the 1000's. . . i think. . . but yeah, why not just drop in a gsr? or an ls? people dont question b18's in teggys. they do how ever question anything B in a civic. . .

there are smog techs out in ca that do it, i know a few. . . but yeah thats besides the pt. i wouldnt worry about it to much, just dont be acting stupid and dont give the cops a reason to pull you over and your good. . . for the most part it seems like the cops stopped hasseling the honda heads, it seems to me there going after the whole rice thinge. I've actually had a cop tell me i had a nice clean car, when i went to report a break in at school. But yeah, the way i see it, dont give them a reason, there wont be a reason to pop your hood.

this is true, i like being able to breath. . . at which time in place im having some issues doing so. due to the shitty air quality right now with all the dust n shit. . . .but yeah very good point. . . blanco

for the record i have a cat!

i have a cat too, and a smog legal JDM b16..

Considering that California is one of, if not, the most populated States in the Nation, it's very nice being able to breath. The Sacramento area is small compared to places down South and 15 years ago you could see the smog ring around the city from 30 miles away. It was disgusting. Again, I like breathing clean air not smog.

I grew up in San Bernardino until I was about 22. I remember sitting on my front porch and not even being able to see the mountains due to the pinkish-orange cloud.

Funny. I'd think you'd understand the importance of emissions testing, then.

I can see in places like so cal and such the importance of testing. I went from a population of a couple of million to about 40,000. The only thing around here polluting the air is the methane coming out of a cows arse lol.

"The new Porsche 911 can go through a city like LA and the exhaust gas is actually cleaner than the air going in"

SMOG is a statewide program...thats why you gotta get your car emissions checked.

real life experience,
im from bay area, i used to have sr20det in my nissan 240sx, got pull over, cops gave me a ref ticket,
all i do is go to court and pay for it , 100 bucks. lmao

i dono about that, i just went to court, and pay 100 bucks. it;s like ur signal light broken. u can correct it and pay `0 bucks or pay 191 dollar without it.

thats crazy

i use 2 live in cali/fl and now in ny and never heard of that b20 in a civic thing even if right now i got a b20 in my teg and it's turbo but yea got pull over alot of times but never heard of that

Back