Pensacola Florida Swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tuoniz

Honda Accurate is this shop that does excellent work with swaps, he wants to charge me like 900 for the swap no including electrical.
The Car is a 96 ex coupe the swap is a 92-95 b16sir2.

This guy wants 900 for the work plus 700 for electrical I have every part he needs . IS THIS AN INSANE PRICE???

Drive to Panama City Beach, I think we could manage it, vodka is all you need :)

EDIT* Do you have everything needed for OBD2-1? EDIT*

If you want to go to Mobile,AL I know someone who'd do it for a lot less.

The actual labor of the swap is a joke, pretty much drop in and save yourself 900, wiring is up to you but it's not that bad. It is a lot easier than most think.

To answer your Q, I wouldn't pay more than 900 personally for labor, like the guys said above it is robbery for anymore. No matter how "awesome" they are.

Milan

Great! What do I need for wiring Whoever can do it the cheapest gimmie a heads up. I should be ready by sep-oct time frame. ANyone ANyone buhler?

Thanks guys

You can take it to Kenji in New Port Richie which is just north of tampa I believe. He can have your ride done in a matter of hours, literally. I would consider him to do your swap. Or you could try everything yourself and actually learn and appreciate more, but it's up to you.

Milan

my buddy did my d16z6 swap in my 92 dx civic hatch. It took hours literally (tyler bettinger extreme imports springfield missouri). But we are talking about obd2 to obd1 plus the swap. Is he capable of doing the electrical work without code throw?

Kenji is the wiring man in florida. Let me put it this way, there is a link on the Honda Hybrid page (probably the first source of hybrid internet info) on how to wire dx to zc. All you need is a obd2-->1 conversion harness, the right ECU which should be a p28 with some type of base map for a dohc vtec and run a couple wires and your done. The labor part is easy, it is just a little more heavier than the d series your buddy swapping in.

Milan

Back