PEOLPE PLEASE FREAKIN HELP ME

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatch4raceb16

Ok , I have a 92 civic VX hatchback. I swapped in a B16A2 motor. P28 ecu. Used to work perfect, now I have no vtec. I have tried everything. Heres what I have done, oh and the other weird thing is that every once in a while the vtec will cut in for a split second and then go away, I can feel it. This rare, but it happens occasioinally.

1- I have tested the solenoid, it works, and even switched with my friends car to make sure thats it, SOLENOID IS FINE.

2- I have Checked and checked again all wiring, i even ran my own wires outside the car just to be SURE, WIRING IS GOOD.

3- I thought maybe my ecu was bad cuz it was chipped, but i tried it with my friends ecu that we know works cuz he has vtec, so ECU IS GOOD.

4- I have cleaned out those screens in solenoid assembly. SCREENS CLEAN.

5- I AM letting it warm up to operating temp, TEMP IS GOOD.

6- Speedo works and so the sensor must too.

7- I know I have oil pressure up there cuz i did a test with the valve cover off, started car, and tons of oil came up through the oil passages.

8- I get a CEL code when i run the car up to 8500 rpm, its 22 which is VTEC PRESSURE SWITCH CODE. Now, the helms says to check ohms on that switch and if it goes directly to 0 it is good, i did this and it goes to 0. I also read that you can overide the switch by just grounding out the blue/black wire that goes to it. I did that too and it still doesnt work.

Seroiusly people , this is a problem for one of you HONDA GODS that knows the world when it comes to these cars, please help, i feel soooo slow with no vtec, Everyone suggest ideas please. Thanks later guys.... :worthy: :( :(

does your vtec kick in at all? My friend was having a similar problem. He would rev his motor, and we would here vtec engage, but would feel no power. It ended up being that his catalytic converter was old and was slowing the exaust flow. Something to think about. So does it engage at all?

which grounds u talking about? The one off teh vtec pressure switch is grounded really good, and so is the ground coming off the valve cover.

PLease people, more more more suggestions. thanks, later

Did you check the oil pressure at the solenoid , there shouldbe a bolt on there that you unscrew and you screw in a oil pessure gauage, just becasue there is oil squirting up doesn't mean anything becasue you might not be getting enough pressure at the solenoid. My friend has 90 crx si with a b16a in it and I Checked fuckin everything and he is still gettin the mother fuckin 22, vtec oil pressure code. Know I did the oil pressure test on it and the book says at 3000 rpm it should be below 7 psi, so the guage is reading 0, which is under 7 but the book isn't specific, so we are still unsure of this reading!!! Test#2 now the book says to rev the engine up to 5000 and take a wire from the positive battery terminal and touch the green wire going to the solenoid and when you touch it the oil pessure should be above 57 psi, ours read 70, and thats also above 57 psi, these readings are alittle strange but what i suggested to my friend is just to replace the switch!

Where is this bolt that u can put a gage to, do u have to take out the pressure switch and screw it in there? And where can i get a gage? And did u ever get the crxs vtec to work? Did u replace teh oil pump ?

And woudl the knock sensor have anything to do with vtec not working, i heard that on P28 ecu u dont even need to hook it up???

Do you have oil in it? Mine was fucking up one time and I changed my oil and it is fine. I know it sounds simple and stupid, but VTEC engages off oil pressure/.

Originally posted by hatch4raceb16@Aug 20 2003, 02:38 AM
Where is this bolt that u can put a gage to, do u have to take out the pressure switch and screw it in there?

there is a pressure sender on the back of the block, just to the left and down from the oil filter.

why wouldnt it spin to 8500 with out it, it would just be using different lifters? And if your trying to say maybe i have vtec and im just stupid, im not, there is no vtec and without it u CAN rev that high, just its not making awesome power, so people help me instead of saying all these sarcastic like comments. thank u, later

ya man, dont send it that high b/c without Vtec it will rev less high than a Non-vtec engine.

Originally posted by hatch4raceb16@Aug 20 2003, 09:13 AM
why wouldnt it spin to 8500 with out it, it would just be using different lifters? And if your trying to say maybe i have vtec and im just stupid, im not, there is no vtec and without it u CAN rev that high, just its not making awesome power, so people help me instead of saying all these sarcastic like comments. thank u, later

how is that sarcastic? i'm sorry but i dont beleive you can rev the motor that high on that cam profile, duration and lift is way too small, you'd probably be getting more power at 1500 rpm.

ok, well i am telling u that my motor revs up to 8500, higher if i want, its not making good power but what the hell is gonna stop it from going up that high, i think u should rethink what ur saying.

Sorry to say bud, but it shouldn't rev up that high without the vtec lobe engaging on the cam shafts, and without that that means, it isn't really open, so if it isn't open to get that high like you say, it must be like taking 10 seconds to do it.

Sounds to me like, it is hitting vtec, you just can't hear it and the motor is running like utter ass if there is no power.

that is just simply NOT true. What would stop it, its running that high on the non vtec lobe. IT IS RUNNING THAT HIGH< AND THE VTEC IS NOT ENGAGING, dam, why dont u guys help me instead of bitch at me , this sight is getting lame, i want help not discrimination. dam dam

AND second of all, this is to slammed89integra, u have altezza lights on your car so that right there makes u know nothing about cars, have u not realized yet that those lights are lame.. shit

Back