Perfomance on a Budget

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mischief_Maker

I got a 99 Gsr and was wondering what everybody's opinion was on best way to gain horsepower on a budget ($3000), either FI or turbo. Any ideas and details would be greatly appreciated. ~thanks

My advice would to be to determine what you want out of the car. I could tell you some great ways to spend that $ on a nice N/A set-up tha you would have to remove all of later-if your heart was set on boost one day.

bang for the buck would be FI "forced induction = turbo/supercharger"

up to you man, could go either way

A turo setup on $3000 is going to be tight...Hondata alone will cost $700-$1000 depending on what kinda of options you get.

if ur daily driving and dont want to worry about blowing up your car with boost you can go with CAI Headers Full exhuast IM TB and get some headwork done with some sweet cams and some other small boltons and possibly nitous

isn´t the JRSC 2700$. that would give you a decent bump in power and torque, don´t know the exact specs:)

i think on a stock engine it bumps it up 58HP but dont know specs on torque, which would definatly be worth your time

Back