Performance ECU's & CHIPS for 90-93 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
does anybody know why they dont make performance ECU's and performance chips for the gen 2 (90-93) honda accords like the mugen and hondata chips ?? ive heard alot rumors that the accord ECU's have some glitches in them but are able to run ok without modifications but once their chipped, they go beserk and pretty much short out.....is this true?? if not can some one let me kno where i can get my hands on a chip that eliminates the governor and the rev limiter and can enhance the fuel curve for a 90-93 accord ECU (P0a- emc) :poop:

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 7 2004, 11:47 PM
i wouldint spend a dime on mods, i would save for an h22 swap.

i would but cash is kinda tight right now so im going with the performance mods...for now untill i get enoughf to swap an h22 in :poop:

I believe there are some accord programs out there....but as far as I know, they're pretty rare.

Also, if your accord is 90-91 its OBD, 92-95 = OBD1
So it's a bit important to exact year your ecu is, because OBD & OBD1 programming is NOT the same and incompatible with either type of OBD's.

If you have a 92-95 OBD1 accord ecu, you'll probably have a better chance of finding a program for it. If you find one, let me know! ha...Im lookin for an OBD1 accord program myself.

Originally posted by katman@Mar 11 2004, 03:12 PM
I believe there are some accord programs out there....but as far as I know, they're pretty rare.

Also, if your accord is 90-91 its OBD, 92-95 = OBD1
So it's a bit important to exact year your ecu is, because OBD & OBD1 programming is NOT the same and incompatible with either type of OBD's.

If you have a 92-95 OBD1 accord ecu, you'll probably have a better chance of finding a program for it. If you find one, let me know! ha...Im lookin for an OBD1 accord program myself.

Hey, I do custom programs for Accord ECUs... Maybe you could copy one of mine... ;)

even the 1990 accord ran an obd1 ecu.

There aren't any good programs out there because they don't do shit.
I've seen chipped ecus that have resulted in hp drops.

Save your money and get an h22.

If you build an f22 you may have use for some sort of FMU..but other than that it's not really worth it.

I guarantee you HardLowrdRanger will be able to get more power out of your car. I'd bet lunch on it, in fact.

Try http://www.perfectpower.com

The SMT6 would handle anything a chip is going to do and much more. And the version of OBD is of no consequence. (Yes, it's not affraid of OBDII either! ;) )

And before someone goes on a rant, I'm not here to dole out shameless plugs. Someone asked, I enlightened. :p

Back