1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

performance upgrade

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by B16a SiRII, Jan 12, 2010.

1. B16a SiRII

B16a SiRII New Member

i have $500 to spend i know its not gonna get much but i would like to know what the best performance upgrade would be for my B16a SiRII......or least get some of the parts untill i get enough money to get the rest

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Rather then just blowing your wad on whatever part you can afford at a given moment, why don't you actually stop and think for a few seconds about what you want to accomplish overall with your car? Come up with a plan, and that will dictate what you choose to purchase or not purchase at the moment...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

yeah what are you trying to do with the car? you just want a few extra hp and a good sound, then bolt ons are enough. if you want all-motor power you will have to get into the internals. if you want to go boost you can either keep it pretty stock and get a turbo or supercharger kit, or go all out and build it for boost, and make big power.

anything beyond your basic intake, header, and exhaust and you will want to get some sort of engine management and get the car tuned.

you gotta tell us what your goals with the car are.

4. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Driving lessons at a racing instructional course.

5. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

+1, i've posted this same answer MANY times. driving course will help you drive faster than any mod ever will. but it seems like all people care about is 1/4 mile times.

how often do you drag race when you are driving? oh yeah, never. now how much would driving skills come into play in daily life? all the freakin' time.

6. pooksy64

pooksy64 RidetilldeathdousparT

^^^ +1:thumbsup:

--Think about, power goal? The rest of your budget?
    --basically supporting mods, to get to the HP goal your after-- thats if your planning to go more than just basic bolt ons

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

fixed

8. B16a SiRII

B16a SiRII New Member

i want to make it a street car, i could care less about the 1/4. i am going to turbo it but wanna fix up the internals first. lets just say i wanna be able to keep up with a slightly built STI....

9. B16a SiRII

B16a SiRII New Member

i would love to turbo it now but i dont wanna take any chances on blowin the motor and being out of a car. i expect it to break down while modding it but not completely blowing it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted