Perhaps the dumbest dpfi-mpfi question ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunterhound

Here it is, really, really, dumb ass question, brace yourself:
I have a d15z1 (vx engine) complete with almost the entire engine bay harness, the p07 ecu, an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness, and an mpfi fuel injector resistor box, going into 89 dx. The question is, other than wiring the resistor box, what other wiring conversions are needed? If I'm using the proper ecu, then I should not need to repin/splice any wires at that point. And the conversion harness should make the connection to the ecu a piece of cake, right? Enlighten me to why I will need to do all of these wiring changes I have seen on-line because it seems as though they all relate to converting dpfi to mpfi AND using the ecu that came with the dpfi engine/chassis.

Last edited:
First off the injector resistor box is only needed for a obd0 car. If you are using a obd1 injectors and ecu then the resistor box is not needed. If you want clarification on that then check out our reference section. The second thing is that if you are using a obd1 to obd-0 conversion harness then you will still have to add wires and repin the point where the original ecu would go. You have to use the engine harness that came with the car not the engine. The reason why you have to add the wires is becuase on the original engine harness you are missing 2 injector wires along with the cyl. pos. sensor wires. You will have to add those wires and then connect it up to the conversion harness and then your ecu. If you go this route then you will need a 0bd-1 to obd-0 dizzy conversion harness as well.

You will just wire up the fuel injectors without using the resistor box where it says connect wires to resitor box omit that step and connect those wires directly to the injectors. The yellow black wires are the hot and the other side connects to the ecu and that is the ground. So splice in the yellow black wires on the two dpfi injector clips and connect those to one side of the injectors and the rest is the same on the writeup

ditch the resistor box if your using obd1 injectors as these are high impedance. add 4 wires from the engine harness to the ecu through the fire wall...Be sure to utilize a 4pin plug (quick disconnect)for future removal.;)

ditch the resistor box if your using obd1 injectors as these are high impedance. add 4 wires from the engine harness to the ecu through the fire wall...Be sure to utilize a 4pin plug (quick disconnect)for future removal.;)

oh yeh...and shield your diz wires....;)

Back