Perspective part 2 - BP oil spill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deja vu alright... crazy stuff.

You would think that they would have a play for this exact situation. But I guess that would be common sense....

Apparently the spill is big enough to cover all of Northern Indiana, parts of south Mich, NW Ohio and a little bit into the Chicago area.

Oil Spill 101

I've yet to pay attention to any of this really for however long its been going. So let me see if I've gone a briefed myself enough to understand what is happening.

There's this thing thats called a BOP Stack at the bottom of the ocean, that basically is tapped into an oil supply. This BOP stack also works as a receiver that runs into a pipe line that ships this oil to god knows where. The oil spill itself is in the pipe line, and BP can't control it?

You mean to tell me that've never thought of designing some sort of shut off valve to the pipes, and then have a secondary hook up at the BOP stack that allows you to attach to any other vessel and relieve alot of your pressure while you fix your leaking pipes?

Back