pet peeves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Being told I'm making a certain amount per hour, then come to find out I'm not even making that PLUS my new boss caps my salary.

The thing that really pisses me off was I only find this out after my first check comes.

Edit: basically my pet peeve is people who don't tell you the important details

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 18 2004, 09:59 PM-->
Originally posted by Havok@May 18 2004, 09:46 PM
Sabz5150
@May 18 2004, 08:44 PM
People who pronounce SQL as 'sequel'. It's pronounced S-Q-L, The Empire Strikes Back is a goddamn sequel.

What in the FUCK are you talking about?

dude, i totally hear that.

i'm the onyl one in the office who says S-Q-L and they all look at me and go "linux nerd"

im like, wtf does it have to do with linux?

along the same lines-- GOOEY instead of G-U-I. THAT annoys me.

I believe that as long as there's a vowel, it can be pronounced as a word. Things like "ASCII" "EBCIDIC" "VTEC" "GUI" "RADAR" and others can be pronounced. Things like "SQL" "HTML" "LSD" "THC" etc, are spelled out.

Seems to hold solid for me, except in a few occurrences. :ph34r:

I hate that when you have no where to go the roads are clear, but as soon as you're running a little late, somehow, there's a thousands tards on the road with no where to go.

more to add to my list

- people who abuse there power and/or authority, example : cops who speed everywhere they go; cops who park in the fire lane; cops who pull over cars for being too low, but let trucks ride around with 60" lifts- basically 90% of cops and any person in an authoritative position
- people who show favortism
- minorities, not simply because they are a minority, but because they feel they deserve something for being a minority. minorities have special rights, minorities have special holidays, minorities are quick to pull the racism card
- politicians, because they say one thing and do another. they will say whatever it takes to get the votes of special interest groups and certain demographics then once they are in office do whatever the fuck they want

Originally posted by micah@May 19 2004, 07:18 AM
more to add to my list

- people who abuse there power and/or authority, example : cops who speed everywhere they go; cops who park in the fire lane; cops who pull over cars for being too low, but let trucks ride around with 60" lifts- basically 90% of cops and any person in an authoritative position
- people who show favortism
- minorities, not simply because they are a minority, but because they feel they deserve something for being a minority. minorities have special rights, minorities have special holidays, minorities are quick to pull the racism card
- politicians, because they say one thing and do another. they will say whatever it takes to get the votes of special interest groups and certain demographics then once they are in office do whatever the fuck they want

So, I guess minority politicians have you in knots?

oh yeah

and everytime i see one that is a retired cop.....

i kill a kitten :ph34r:

Originally posted by micah@May 19 2004, 01:28 AM
oh yeah

and everytime i see one that is a retired cop.....

i kill a kitten :ph34r:

lol there's always a way to tie those three together.

Originally posted by Havok+May 19 2004, 12:01 AM-->
Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 18 2004, 10:22 PM
Tonyd0821
@May 18 2004, 10:20 PM
i hate teenage kids as well.

they got loud fucking mouths which spew forth nothing but bullshit when talking to their elders (me)

and they are too young to beat the shit out of legally.

i hate teenage kids.

reason i say this...is cuz i was walking my pitbull today in the park, and some teenage highschool kids were sitting there talking shit, trying to maddog me.

they were obviously 15-16 years old.

so i just kept on walking and ignored them. i knew if i opened my fat mouth i woulda lost my temper and illegally beat the shit out of a couple of underage minors.

fucking babies

I hate assholes who quote themselves--arrogant cocksmiths.

Just because you fathered the demon seed that grew up into civicious..

is no reason to get all pissy when someone quotes themselves...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 18 2004, 08:59 PM-->
Originally posted by Havok@May 18 2004, 09:46 PM
Sabz5150
@May 18 2004, 08:44 PM
People who pronounce SQL as 'sequel'. It's pronounced S-Q-L, The Empire Strikes Back is a goddamn sequel.

What in the FUCK are you talking about?

dude, i totally hear that.

i'm the onyl one in the office who says S-Q-L and they all look at me and go "linux nerd"

im like, wtf does it have to do with linux?

along the same lines-- GOOEY instead of G-U-I. THAT annoys me.

:withstupid:

It's S-Q-L and G-U-I, dammit.

I'm also in the camp that says 'Lynix' instead of 'Linnix', though I've been starting to say both lately. :D

Originally posted by MikeBergy+-->
MikeBergy) said:
I hate people that think they know something about something, when in reality, they know nothing about anything. Especially cars.

as a girl... who knows stuff bout cars... :yes: oh my god... when the dumb fucks at auto zone play like i don't know what i'm talking about... i own them all the time. i basically just try to make them look like an ass.

just the other day the guy from Auto Zone (i went to buy a thermostat) told me 'just use the gasket you have now, so you don't have to order it an wait'
:blink: i said 'it's like... 14 years old, i think it should be replaced'
he says 'oh, you have the OEM one eh?'
i just looked at him and thought 'yea dumb fuck' what kind of person who should know better about cars and how to FIX them says shit like that???

DarkHand

I'm also in the camp that says 'Lynix' instead of 'Linnix', though I've been starting to say both lately.
you mean... LINE-ucks? or LINE-icks??? there is a difference.... lol i just say it LINE-icks. sounds nicer. :) doesn't matter really... we all know what it is.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@May 19 2004, 07:49 PM
as a girl... who knows stuff bout cars... :yes: oh my god... when the dumb fucks at auto zone play like i don't know what i'm talking about... i own them all the time. i basically just try to make them look like an ass.

just the other day the guy from Auto Zone (i went to buy a thermostat) told me 'just use the gasket you have now, so you don't have to order it an wait'
:blink: i said 'it's like... 14 years old, i think it should be replaced'
he says 'oh, you have the OEM one eh?'
i just looked at him and thought 'yea dumb fuck' what kind of person who should know better about cars and how to FIX them says shit like that???

Ummmm... as another girl who knows about cars... I prefer to use Autozone as little as possible and use OEM parts for my cars as much as I can, unless I am upgrading the parts in question. I love my Honda parts counter guys, they always treat me really well. :)

yes, however for a thermostat... i'm not gonna pay honda 34 dollars. i do stay away from them, but right now, i'm broke as fuck. i used honda for the stuff i really needed... but, not having a lot of money for teeny parts, makes you have to use them.

i agree that honda has great customer service, but it's just the prices. :) i do know what you mean though. and i feel ya. if i'm upgrading shit, i usually get quality parts.... as i did for the clutch and the cam gears...

Only the best for my Si... and the other two. lol. Otherwise, losers work at Autozone, they are only a few cuts above the workers over at McDonalds... so their idiocy is to be expected... it's not worth letting them get to you, ever. B)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 19 2004, 09:15 PM
Only the best for my Si... and the other two. lol. Otherwise, losers work at Autozone, they are only a few cuts above the workers over at McDonalds... so their idiocy is to be expected... it's not worth letting them get to you, ever. B)

I hate this one particular person named Jeremy who works at Autozone who drives a 94-98 Mustang V6 with twin ricer pipes... its so gay, then he has the nerve to say, ricers sucks.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 19 2004, 09:15 PM
Otherwise, losers work at Autozone, they are only a few cuts above the workers over at McDonalds... so their idiocy is to be expected... it's not worth letting them get to you, ever. B)

Hey there now, my best friend, and fellow Hondaswapper 90AccordH22 works at the Vatozone! And trust me, he knows his shit. He doesn't do any of the shit you gals were talking about.

My biggest pet peeve is this:

When you look down, or tired and girls say this:

"Whats wrong?" or "Whats the matter?"

and when you say:

"Nothing." or "I just dont feel good/I'm just tired."

You always get:

"No, whats really bothering you?" or "You're lying. Tell me whats wrong."

Well, if you KNOW that thats not the reason I look depressed, then YOU tell me what the hell is wrong!!!

And pretty much everything else that has been mentioned...... Minus the NERD jibberish. :ph34r:

Originally posted by MugenCRX@May 19 2004, 09:58 PM

and when you say:

You always get:

Well, if you KNOW that thats not the reason I look depressed, then YOU tell me what the hell is wrong!!!

And pretty much everything else that has been mentioned...... Minus the NERD jibberish. :ph34r:

haha, i always get this but the a shittyer version. they never ask a second time.

they: whats wrong

i say : nothing, im just tired

they : oh ok.

that bugs the hell out of me

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+May 19 2004, 10:00 PM-->
@May 19 2004, 09:58 PM

and when you say:

You always get:

haha, i always get this but the a shittyer version. they never ask a second time.

You're a fuckin girl, lol. I hate it when bitches poke and prod for the answer they want.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+May 20 2004, 12:00 AM-->
@May 19 2004, 09:58 PM

and when you say:

You always get:

See, I would kill for that. My pet peeve is technically the fact that they ask again. I'm not one to talk about whats wrong with the whole world, you know. And then bitches just be diggin to get at the good stuff and it annoys me. If I really want to tell someone, I will tell them, not wait for them to ask.

Back