peta video.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blah. It may be like that now... But 20-50 years ago, I GUARANTEE it was much much worse.

I've seen a pig slaughtered for food first hand. It's not pretty. Life isn't pretty. Get over it. That's what pig, cows, and chickens are here for. That's what they die for.

Just because the population forces the food supply to turn to industry instead of actual farms, doesn't mean anything new.

while the video was pretty nasty, i'd love to see the vegtible side of things. just because vegi's aren't "living", doesn't mean they aren't treated any worse. They are given souped up fertilizers to grow super fast, crop dusted with more chemicals, dehydrated most of the time due to shitty irrigation, and bugs.. eating away at them still, carrying even more disease than a cooked steak would, as vegis are 50% of the time not cooked.

that said, the numbers of pigs and stuff that arrive dead is pretty bad. you'd think theyd want to spend a couple more bucks to try to keep them alive and thus have more to slaughter.

ohh well.. such is life.

I've seen a pig slaughtered for food first hand. It's not pretty. Life isn't pretty. Get over it. That's what pig, cows, and chickens are here for. That's what they die for.

thats why you never get to close to your food, :D lol...

.... but remember thats how some people make there living too... :eek:

Ever notice how the main people that help support PETA are the same people that have expensive cars with leather interiors, or wear leather shoes..........

Think about it........hrmmmmmmm

And the middle class/lowwer class people don't really give a damn where their food comes from...just as long as they have a little food...they're happy...

I think Dennis Leary said it best.

"Because you gotta have goals. Because everybody in this room knows everybody
who's quitting. You all have that friend who's quitting it. You know what I mean? The
guys quitting it, "I quit smoking. I quit drugs. I quit drinking. I quit meat, and I feel
great. I get up in the morning and have a nice big bowl of oat bran. I go to the
bathroom for three and a half hours. I have another bowl of oat bran. I go back in
the bathroom for six more hours. All I do is eat and shit, I'm gonna live forever! My
colon is the strongest muscle in my body right now. I could pass Elvis through my
colon right now."

And all these cereals they have, Cracklin' Oat Bran, and Horkin' Fiber Chunks, you
know? Cereal used to come with a free prize. Now it comes with a free roll of toilet
paper in every box. Guys get up on Sunday morning, "Forget about the New York
Times, I'm gonna need the Bible. I got a big one brewing here." "Dad, there's a
phone call!" "I'm on Genesis, God dammit! You tell 'em to call back after the
creation!" People checking their own feces for fiber. You have too much free fucking
time on your hands, ok.

Red meat, white meat, blue meat, meat-o-fucking-rama. You will eat it. Because not
eating meat is a decision. Eating meat is an instinct! Yeah! And I know what it's
about. "I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals."
Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog.. He's
so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we?
Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview
them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim
around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to
go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the fucking truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an
animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!"
"Yeah, here's yer fucking cousin, get on the fucking truck, pal!" We kill the cows to
make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of
the cows.

You will eat the meat folks, because this country was founded on two things. Meat,
and war. You eat enough fucking meat, you wanna kill somebody. That's the way it
works. That was the ultimate American dream. During that Persian Gulf War, I was
sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake
watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on
the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over
three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of
stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck
out of those people, huh?" "You make a movie?" "Not this time, pal!""

yeah maybe that's hypocritical because I'm more of a vegitarian, but oyu know what
when I ate meat that's how I felt. I don't eat meat cause I figure if I can control my
will power not to and eat healthier well more power to me.

Most farms, I would say, aren't like that. The Cattle Farm I lived next to in Pennsylvania was gross, but not like that. This is an anti "Factory Farm" film.. There are only a handful of those farms in the US.

Most farms, and if you live near one perhaps you'll agree, have cows that are free range - maybe 20 or 30 of them. They are tended to well while they are alive, but the slaughters are the same.

I think the real problem people like PETA have with animals is the slaughter process. But these same people wouldn't be so kind to the idea of "Kosher" beef blessings.

I've never heard of a farm castrating pigs. At all. They DO keep violent males in cages until one either dies or submits, but you see that everywhere animals are... Including lots of private homes.

As far as chickens - What is in that video is the GOOD stuff. A disgusting chicken farm is about 100 times worse than this video. Most of our chicken in the US comes from farms that make that video one look reasonable. Chicken in these farms is so genetically altered that they don't even really look like chickens. They are born lacking feathers, and sometimes eyes / feet / and wings. They flop around in tanks and pick up bits of food grain that happen to make it to their mouth. They are alive for 3 weeks, if that. Dead ones go to slaughter all the time, nothing is discarded.

If a milking cow is treated like Veal, then it won't produce as milk as a free range one. That stuff about milking cows, I regard, as a total lie. but PETA isn't interested in learning more, only getting their own point across.

Veal is the grossest animal process in existence, and should be done away with permanently and immediately. The stench and disease-laden farms don't produce any good meat, and it's product meat gets more people sick annually than seafood.

Egg-laying hens are only mutilated when they won't stop plucking their neigbors. And yes, they lose feathers but if one is bleeding, then a cage mate gets beaked. Those cages were used a test - I remember when the Electric cage idea was going to be used by a local farm in PA - They said it's more expensive and cruel than just letting the birds walk the coop. Walking the coop is the preferred method still.

As far as Airjockie's comments - I of course, agree. Leather is made from the same cows that produce meat - But cow skin is long gone in todays world, what with the Sheep farms selling their softer, more pliable leathers for less. Most of the leather out there is Sheepleather. Try watching a video of a Sheep farm.

And for Vegetable cruelty comments, Come the hell on. Seriously.

-> Steve

The only thing that bothered me about that video was the cancer thing, I mean, I live in MO, we raise our own cows and slaughter them, hell, we treat em good, those videos are an extreme, a lot of milk comes from the mid west, we used to have one of the milk barns set up, they arent that big and the machines never hurt any of them, and they were allowed to roam around, lol... that vid is like, TOO extremee.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 11 2003, 10:13 AM
I think Dennis Leary said it best.

"Because you gotta have goals. Because everybody in this room knows everybody
who's quitting. You all have that friend who's quitting it. You know what I mean? The
guys quitting it, "I quit smoking. I quit drugs. I quit drinking. I quit meat, and I feel
great. I get up in the morning and have a nice big bowl of oat bran. I go to the
bathroom for three and a half hours. I have another bowl of oat bran. I go back in
the bathroom for six more hours. All I do is eat and shit, I'm gonna live forever! My
colon is the strongest muscle in my body right now. I could pass Elvis through my
colon right now."

And all these cereals they have, Cracklin' Oat Bran, and Horkin' Fiber Chunks, you
know? Cereal used to come with a free prize. Now it comes with a free roll of toilet
paper in every box. Guys get up on Sunday morning, "Forget about the New York
Times, I'm gonna need the Bible. I got a big one brewing here." "Dad, there's a
phone call!" "I'm on Genesis, God dammit! You tell 'em to call back after the
creation!" People checking their own feces for fiber. You have too much free fucking
time on your hands, ok.

Red meat, white meat, blue meat, meat-o-fucking-rama. You will eat it. Because not
eating meat is a decision. Eating meat is an instinct! Yeah! And I know what it's
about. "I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals."
Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog.. He's
so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we?
Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview
them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim
around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to
go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the fucking truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an
animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!"
"Yeah, here's yer fucking cousin, get on the fucking truck, pal!" We kill the cows to
make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of
the cows.

You will eat the meat folks, because this country was founded on two things. Meat,
and war. You eat enough fucking meat, you wanna kill somebody. That's the way it
works. That was the ultimate American dream. During that Persian Gulf War, I was
sitting in my living room, naked, with a can of Budweiser and a three inch stake
watching the war, live, on TV. I had a six foot erection with a giant cheese burger on
the end of it. I ate so much meat during the war that by the time the war was over
three weeks later, I was like, "No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of
stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck
out of those people, huh?" "You make a movie?" "Not this time, pal!""

yeah maybe that's hypocritical because I'm more of a vegitarian, but oyu know what
when I ate meat that's how I felt. I don't eat meat cause I figure if I can control my
will power not to and eat healthier well more power to me.

:bo: :bo: :bo:

a statistic: 60% of all hogs in america are produced by three companies, all in CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations- factory farms)

Man I just saw that movie and then i went out on my porch to find a dead bird... I think it is a sign, and I think that i have been without meat for 11 years now, i can survive without the stuff for the rest of my life...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Dec 11 2003, 02:27 PM
Man I just saw that movie and then i went out on my porch to find a dead bird... I think it is a sign, and I think that i have been without meat for 11 years now, i can survive without the stuff for the rest of my life...

people complain about the stupiest shit, I don't have ANY perifreal vision(unknown for why, happened when I was 16) and could lose all my vision someday, cars are my life...... I don't complain about stupid shit anymore. This kind of stuff doesn't ever reach my mind. :angry:

That video made me hungry. Im now eating a roast beef sandwich and its good. After I think Im gonna down a nice large milk shake. MMMMMM

I think vegetarians are fucking stupid. They always say its not suppose to be like this. But wait a minute why do we have teeth that tear and hold meat in the front? Its sooo confusing. I just think of vegi's as livestock. they eat pure food and then later we eat them. Problem solved. Eating people can solve many things. If everyone ate just one person... End world hunger for a while, Lower population, and unemployment will be drastically down. Just eat everyone with no job and no purpose. My $.02

Originally posted by SolPWR@Dec 11 2003, 05:28 PM
That video made me hungry. Im now eating a roast beef sandwich and its good. After I think Im gonna down a nice large milk shake. MMMMMM

I think vegetarians are fucking stupid. They always say its not suppose to be like this. But wait a minute why do we have teeth that tear and hold meat in the front? Its sooo confusing. I just think of vegi's as livestock. they eat pure food and then later we eat them. Problem solved. Eating people can solve many things. If everyone ate just one person... End world hunger for a while, Lower population, and unemployment will be drastically down. Just eat everyone with no job and no purpose. My $.02

Damn right...give me an excuess to go kill someone now.

(that was a joke and only a joke...don't bane me or call the cops)

Back